𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥

𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝, 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥.  The sweat casually mingling with the blood that oozed down her face uncontrollably. Her brain felt like rubber, and her head in general was feeling like it was way too big for her body. Giada could hardly form a singular thought, and she fought like hell to keep her eyes open. She couldn't fall asleep now, it didn't matter how much she desperately wanted to. 

The terrible stench of body odor practically consumed Giada, making her nostrils sting and her eyes water. Just the horrid smell of the teenagers she was currently trapped in a room with, would keep her awake for hours on end. Hygiene hadn't been their biggest focus though, surviving was. 

Her limbs hurt so immensely that she could hardly move them. Giada feared she might've pulled a muscle from all of that running and fighting they did to escape that terrifying maze. The griever's screams ricocheted through Giada's already dark and tainted mind, causing her to openly shiver. She just wanted someone to hold her protectively, shielding her from the truth of what truly happened in there. 

She bluntly looked around the room quickly, not failing to notice how everyone else was indulged in their own conversations. They comforted one another while Giada sat alone. None of them understood the woman, and to be honest, she didn't really want them too. She knew she's quite a few years older than most of them anyways. The only person Giada had actually formed a bond with back in the Glade was Alby, and now he was dead. Just like everyone Giada seemed to get closer to. 

The group of people had been so close to dying in there multiple times, meaning their existences would no longer matter to this fucked up world. If the group somehow hadn't managed to fight off the griever that landed on top of Minho, they'd all be dead now. Wicked definitely did that on purpose, fucking bastards. Giada didn't fancy the idea of her organs being spread around the clearing like a decoration. 

However, she also thought it wouldn't have made any difference if she lived or died in there. Giada had no one else left to care about, and she couldn't remember a single thing about her past. She had nothing. People would simply move on, re-continuing their lives the same way again. As they should of course. But little did Giada know that there's one man on the other side of this, waiting for her to return back to him. If she'd somehow lost her life back in that damned maze because of those teenagers... The man would've quite literally blown the whole Glade into smithereens.