𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲. Dozens of guards made their way outside in an attempt to settle down the commotion. Giada and Violet exchanged glances from where they were standing in the hallway. They'd just been gossiping with one another when the heavy armed men went rushing past the two women. None of them provided any type of answer when they asked about what was going on.

"Let's go after them," Giada said to Violet convincingly, and she agreed.

The both of them grabbed their guns and rushed towards the exit. Every single person in the facility was required to have a firearm for self defense purposes, which also meant that they obviously had to know how to use it.

Giada forced the huge doors open, not fully sure of what she'd been expecting to see. Her eyes widened at the sight, and suddenly she was beginning to rethink her plans on coming out here. Sometimes it was better to not meddle with things that had absolutely nothing to do with you.

"This is alarming," Violet commented, crossing her arms.

"Agreed."

Multiple cranks were running around like psychotic dumbasses, screaming louder than Naomi cried when she was hungry. Some of their heads were hanging at inhuman angels, and a huge part of Giada wondered if they could actually feel it. She remembered that before Janson dragged her back here unwillingly, one of the fucking cranks actually spoke to her. If that alone wasn't the definition of creepy, then Giada truly did not know what was. The simple remembrance of it left chills running down her spine.

Gunshots echoed everywhere as the guards charged forward to try and berid the terrible creatures. Giada immediately got flashbacks to the night where she got injured, it had been somewhat similar to this. Except that they were fighting cranks, not the former Gladers. She sometimes wondered where they were holding up at and if they were all alright. Giada knew they despised her because of her proclamation, but honestly the woman did not expect Teresa to be the one to betray them. She couldn't find it in herself to do something like that, even if it was for Janson, Heath, or Violet.