𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡, 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐆𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐚'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞. Nothing seemed to be the same, and it never would be. She rarely ever saw Heath, Violet, or Naomi anymore. The only person Giada saw frequently was unsurprisingly Janson; because she lived in his little cottage with him. And even he started acting weird in a way that Giada didn't like. Janson acted almost as if he was trying to avoid her all together. Anytime she attempted to start a conversation with the older man, he'd simply shut her down and walk off like it wasn't a big deal. Giada thought it might be something she did. What other reason would Janson feel the need to avoid her for? And men had the audacity to act like women were the most confusing specimen to ever exist.

He always returned to her at some point though; Giada would always hear him crawl into bed next to the woman. In the darkness of their room, his arm would be slung along her body, pulling her securely against him before falling asleep.

It was remarkable how Janson could avoid any type of social interaction he wanted. The man quite literally had a knack for it. Then he'd wrap his arms around her and pull her warm body closer to his; making Giada temporarily forget anything that's going on. She knew something was up with Janson; mentally and physically, but he would never tell her anything. Completely leaving the woman in the dark, which was beginning to piss Giada off because she believed she was fairly honest with Janson. So why couldn't he just tell her the truth for once instead of being the hotheaded liar he is? Giada learned to read his changing moods very well, allowing the woman to know when the perfect times to start a decent conversation with him were. One day Janson's in a great mood, and then the next one he's ready to kill a bunch of people for no actual reason.

She heard the door open behind her and in entered Janson. He threw his leather jacket onto the couch, approaching the auburn haired woman from behind. Giada felt Janson kneel down to place his head onto her shoulder causing her to sigh softly. The man wrapped his arms around Giada's lower stomach and hips, gently pulling her closer to him.

"You should've been standing here last night at around this time," Janson said into her ear raspily as she hummed out in questioning. She stood at the window, gazing outside at the city and the glowing stars. "There were these two men beating the fucking shit out of one another. I think one of them died, actually."