Wedding (part 2)

Author's note: mature themes hinted at in this one, and possibly some future ones (they are married, after all) but still ONLY hinted it, I will never get smutty!)

They had chosen Councillor Terik to officiate the ceremony. Before they knew it, they were kissing under the archway, to the cheers and applause of all of their loved ones.

Keefe finally forced his eyes to leave Sophie long enough to look out at the crowd as they turned to face everyone. Then, as they made their way back up the aisle and over to where they would soon begin the reception, he leaned in toward her and muttered, "did I tell you how beautiful you look, Foster?"

"The way you're staring at me says it for you," she teased. "And maybe today you can call me Mrs. Sencen—at least sometimes."

Keefe stopped in his tracks. "Sophie Sencen," he whispered as he pulled her close. "That does sound nice." He leaned in to kiss her, much to the amusement of the crowd who had begun to follow them.

"Get a move on already, we're hungry!" Someone—Sophie was pretty sure it was Dex—called out.

But Keefe, being the mischievous person he was, enjoyed the attention. His lips curved up into a grin as he pulled Sophie even tighter against him and kissed her again, amused by the whistling and laughter that followed.

It took Sophie a moment to convince herself to stop kissing Keefe, but when she did, she couldn't stop laughing. "Oh, what have I gotten myself into, marrying you?" She wondered aloud.

"You know you love it," he said with a smirk as he wrapped an arm around her waist and lead her under the large canopy that held countless tables and chairs, as well as the large table holding the cake.

But it wasn't just cake. Keefe let out a gleeful "yay!" when they realized Edaline had made—in lieu of a groom's cake—the largest batch of mallowmelt any of them had ever seen.

Sophie couldn't help but laugh. Keefe's excitement was contagious.

And she loved seeing him happy.

She looked over at Edaline and mouthed "thank you". Edaline winked at her.

After everyone had gotten seated and been served a slice of cake—conjured to the plates in front of them courtesy of Edaline—Fitz got up to make a speech.

He kept everyone laughing, recounting a few hilarious deeds of Keefe's over the years—and tried to blame Keefe for the Great Gulon Incident ("I had nothing to do with that!" Keefe called out). Then he praised Keefe for his loyalty to his friends and his perseverance in hard times—and in waiting for Sophie for years while Sophie was too distracted to notice ("and whose fault was that?" Keefe pointed out, eliciting more laughter from the crowd). Then he lauded Sophie for everything she had overcome, discovering she was an elf at twelve years of age, losing her human family and her old life, and showing them again and again how incredible and powerful she was. How lucky he felt to have her as a friend, to be able to work so closely together, and how he felt like he'd gained another sister in her. Finally, he asked everyone to raise a glass to "the best friend a guy could ask for" and "the girl who turned our world upside down".

As the evening wore on, music began to play and couples were invited to dance. Sophie and Keefe, of course, took the center of the floor.

"Ugh," Sophie mumbled. "I'm not coordinated enough for this."

"Just hold on to me," Keefe told her, laughing quietly. "I'm incredibly graceful."

Sophie rolled her eyes—but clung to Keefe a little tighter.

She also saw the couples around her. Dex and Biana dancing together, the love between them obvious.