221B Baker Street

The gnomes already had a large, beautiful garden growing on the side of the house. Sophie was always amazed at how quickly they were able to get things to grow.

"You know, humans would love for things to grow so quickly and easily," Sophie told Keefe as they walked, hand in hand, through the garden. "If a human planted something a week ago, it probably wouldn't have even popped up out of the ground yet, much less begun to produce any fruit."

"I don't know how they live," Keefe laughed. "Everything takes so much longer and is so much harder, yet they have these short life spans."

"They don't know any different," Sophie told him. "It makes me sad to think about it. In a few more years, I'll stop aging. But Amy won't. She'll grow old and die, eventually."

Keefe squeezed Sophie's hand as he drew her in close. "I'm sorry, Sophie. That's one thing I can't fix for you." He kissed the top of her head. "But try not to worry about that too much right now. It's hopefully still decades away. Try to enjoy the time you get without worrying about the future."

Sophie nodded and tried to smile. "Sorry to bring the conversation down to a depressing level. What great honeymoon conversation."

Keefe reached his finger up to smooth out the worry crease between her eyes. "Don't apologize. This is fine honeymoon conversation. Don't ever feel like you can't talk to me about what's bothering you. Looking after you, protecting you, comforting you...that's all literally my job description now as your husband."

Sophie smiled and reached up to kiss him, her hands on his chest. "You've always done that. And you've always been good at it."

"That's because I always hoped this would be how our story would play out," he reminded her with a sweet smile. "I've gotten pretty good over the years at cheering you up. Like right now..." he ducked his head down to kiss Sophie again. "Will it help to hear me call you Mrs. Sencen again?"

Sophie grinned playfully. "Hmm, maybe."

Keefe smirked. "Or we could go back to the house and I could do that thing you like," he teased her, pulling her tighter up against him.

Sophie laughed. "I'm sure I'll take you up on that later. Right now I really am enjoying walking the grounds."

"Okay then, Sophie Sencen," Keefe lightly kissed her again before resuming their walk.

"What was your favorite part about yesterday?" Sophie asked after a minute.

Keefe raised one eyebrow at her. "Are you really asking me that?" he asked impishly.

Sophie blushed slightly. "Sorry, let me clarify. Favorite part of our wedding and reception."

Keefe smiled. "There's no way I could only pick one."

Sophie's heart fluttered. Keefe really was the best. "Me too. What are your highlights, then?"

"Well...seeing you in your dress was..." Keefe got a wistful look in his eyes. "Just, wow. I saw you and all I could think was wow. I used to dream of watching you walk down the aisle towards me like that. But I also used to have nightmares of watching you walk down the aisle to Fitz, with me standing beside him trying to pretend I was happy about it. And I gotta say, I like it much better this way."

Sophie laughed. "Me, too."

"Calling you Sophie Sencen for the first time, I loved that. Fitz's speech was pretty awesome. And, actually, the talks I had with each of your parents were really good too."

"Talks?" This was the first Sophie was hearing of any talks, at least with Grady.

"Yeah. Grady came in while we were getting ready and practically kicked Fitz out of the room so we could have a talk. But all he did was tell me he was proud of how I had grown and matured, and how happy he and Edaline were that I was becoming their son. And he said that hopefully I already knew this, but in case I didn't, he wanted me to know he'd forgiven me a long time ago for the bad choices I made."