Ready for a new beginning

"May I know the reason behind your sudden presence in the rajyasabha  , Yadava Princess?" Dhritrashtra questioned as his one hand reached to grab the throne of Hastinapura.

"Pardon me king Dhritrashtra if my presence causes you any inconvenience but I am here for my daughter.." Subhadra answered joining her hands with all the politeness left in herself as her eyes fell on Shakuni who sat between  his dearest nephews Duryodhana accompanied by Dushasan who seemed quite unpleased with her presence not that she cared about it still it made the lady a little uncomfortable. 

Shrugging her feelings away Subhadra focused back on the moment. She was here for her children. Yes , for them , anything!

"Your daughter? Whats wrong with her? She is getting married and that's a good news! Oh , are you lacking things for her marriage ?! Well I can understand that , afterall what else can we expect from the wife of a sanyasi who along with his brothers and first wife is busy in hiding like cowards..!" Dushasan mocked  slyly earning a smirk from the kong of Gandhar and his eldest brother.

The sister of Krishna bit back an eyes role completely uninterested in the nonsense that was blabber by one of Kauravas. Only if I could kill this idiot of a person the thought crossed her mind lest she decided to control herself and focus on her main motive .

"Well, thanks for your  unwanted concern Prince Dushasan but I don't think I will be so helpless to ask for help from a kingdom that is so helpless itself that it couldn't stop their mannerless sinner son from humiliating their daughter - in - law .."

Dushasan ' s knuckles turned white as he got up from his seat "Mind your tongue , Yadava Princess!"

"And you mind your limits , Kuru Prince!" Subhadra spatted back with rage filling her mind glaring at the man who dared to disrespect her family.

Bhishma sensed the atmosphere getting more tensed with every passing second as he sighed internally before interrupting "Take your seat Dushasan and Subhadra you please continue what you came to say.."

Closing her eyes she breathed longer calming down herself "Maharaja , being mother its my responsibility  to get my daughter married to someone who respects her..not someone who tries to humiliate her.."

Firmness in her voice , anger in her eyes and rage in her veins the wife of Dhananjay stood with her head held high in the middle of the court as everybody's  gaze raked over her . She could observe the ladies of palace widening their eyes as they whispered among themselves while the men had different  reactions.

Some looked shocked , some angry but she could easily tell that no one over here was pleased with her bluntness not that she cared about it. The only thing she paid attention to was her kids. she was known only for her gentleness and kind nature that left people awestruck . Maybe that was the reason why people looked at her as if she had sprouted three heads .

"I , the mother of Bhargavi and her only parent present here , is cancelling this alliance! And when I say no it means no." Subhadra announced before she joined her hands to greet the elders present and turned around to leave giving her least attention to the glares that was passed to her by Kauravas or their dearest uncle.

•~

"So that was all about our ups and downs.." Ruchiparvan said as he finished his narration only to observe that Lakshmanaa has already fallen asleep  on Bhargavi ' s lap while Abhimanyu accompanied by Chauredh feasted on the apples kept in fruit bowl.

"Hey! I was saying something!" He exclaimed offended by their reactions.

"Sorry.. what?" Abhimanyu asked back genuinely confused munching  on the delicious fruit .