CHAPTER-13

"I don't know what brother is speaking", The child tilted her head and spoke.

The atmosphere tensed, the kids felt a chill in their spine and nervousness hit them.

"It's not common for people roaming around in streets to have the ability to see spirits of dead...not until you have high mana which I don't feel inside you"

Lucas explained and the kid looked more confused than before, probably due to the burst of information she just got.

"I...Still don't understand what you say.."
The ravenette sighed hearing her words, the blonde looked at him for a second and then went towards the kids to hold them in her arms.

"Kami, since when could you see ghosts?"
Athanasia asked in a gentle tone, her hand rubbed the hairs of the three kids.

The straightened back of the kids lossened a little as they relaxed at the touch, "Since our grandfather died..." They replied.

"Who was your grandfather?"
Asked the ravennete getting worked up with his curiosity escaping out from his body.

He hopped a little closer to them, can't except anything else from a magic geek like him, could we?

The kids became tensed again making them hesistant to reply, the blonde rubbed the hair of the kids again relaxing them a little. Though they still were reluctant to answer the ravenette so they hugged the blonde instead.

Lucas looked at Athanasia for an answer to their behaviour. 'Why aren't they replying?'

He asked with a look, and like telepathy the blonde understood.

'Stop behaving like a idiot! They are kids!! Be a little gentle you blackberry bush!'

She glared at him.

'Don't blame me!! I don't have kids going around me alright! Vannilla cream pie!'

'Shut up please!'

The blonde rolled her eyes and stuck out her toungue.

'So could you!'

The ravenette glared at her and stood up, ending there telepathic conversation that nobody have a idea on how that happened?

"Come here kids, promise big brother won't hurt you"
He stretched out his hands towards the trio with a gentle smile hoping for them to come to him.

KaRoSha looked at his hands altogether in doubt, they scanned him from up to down, just to turn away and hug the blonde more tightly.

The ravennete held a baffled and an expression of desbelief on his face. He looked up at Athanasia who was snickering at him.

A  nerve popped on his head at the sight, A cheeky smirk was situated on the blonde's lips.

He decided that he might all together if have to be bad then be it professionally, "Kyaaa!!!!" The trio screamed as Lucas forcefully took them in his arms pulling them away from the starteled blonde.

But at the moment, something unexpected happened. A strong electric shock went through the entire body of the man making him free the trio as they fearfully ran back to Athanasia.

Athanasia was shocked at the sudden sight, she just felt a divine energy in the room! And Lucas wasn't the type to leave the kids just like this so it was much more sketchy!

The man felt that his brain just got exploded and his body grew numb. He felt weak making him fall on one of his knees whilst he took hold of a small table that was next to him.

'This energy...'

He winced as his hand that held onto the table fell making him lose support and fall on the ground with a loud thud.

"Lucas!!"
He heard the horrified shout of the blonde and before his eyes closed into oblivion, his eyes caught the glimpse of the shocked and worried gaze that the blonde had occupied on her face.

'Is she worried about me...'

'Why...?'

His eyes closed after that as only darkness came into his view.

===

Slowly my eyes fluttered open as a plain white background came into my view.

I sat up from my lying position and looked around while holding my head which was paining like crazy.

"Urghh...Where the hell am I?"
I groaned and stood up dusting of the non existent dust from my clothes.

Don't blame me. I'm a clean freak!

"Seems like my brother had woke up"
I heard a extremely familiar and at the same time irritating call.

Don't tell me it is him...

What does he even want from me at this point!?

I was living in peace if it was not for him sending that troublemaker!!

"Nathaniel!"
I glared at the person infront of me.

"Don't act like that to your oppa little bro", The son of a gun spoke, Brother my arse!

"Whatever" I mumbled and looked around.

"Where am I? And what had happened to me?"
I spoke with a look that said 'I demand a quick explanation or I won't hesitate to kick your ass, bitch'.

But at that moment I had forgotten the horror my older brother was. Maybe it was because it had been a long while since we last had a meeting..

"You're at a place created by my divine mana, solely created so that I could talk to my cute younger brother!"
I heard him say and a nerve popped outside my head.

"And about the reason you're here... it's a long story"

"So turn it short and answer me ASAP"
My voice was cold but that guy still smiled like crazy.

I'm tired of him!

"The kids you got...Are originally a..."

___________________________________