CHAPTER-28

"W-What!?"
His words didn't registered inside Athanasia's mind. A new emperor? Then what about Claude? What would happen to Jeannette? And who is this new emperor? Several questions arose.

Lucas sighed. "The letter stated that my presence is requested at the meeting, the previous emperor who was supposed to be dead had revived from his grave and asked for the throne from the current emperor"

He explained and then it hit her. "It means my uncle just revived from death!?"

The ravenette nodded.

"Your family is filled with fresh drama Athanasia"
He mumbled looking at her. She felt offended hearing his words.

"E-Excuse me! I have gave up on that family alright!"
She crossed her arms and retorted. The latter just rolled his eyes.

"And you were acting all depressed when you saw the emperor"

She grew silent after that. After a moment of silence Athanasia sighed and plopped beside Lucas. "Maybe I still have little feelings...despite everything that happened to me..."

The man eyed the blonde. He wanted to say something but thought that he himself was in no position to give advice to her.

The room held silence after that. The two individuals were contemplating on the events that occured in their lives till now.

How they had been wronged by their family...

The man heaved a sigh. He wished to avoid the answer of the blonde's past question but chose to face it eventually.

"Sia..."
She turned towards him with a perplexed gaze.

"About the time you wanted to know about my past...I-I'll tell you..."
He mumbled looking down.

"Really...? You don't have to if you don't want to..."
She retorted but he shook his head.

"No...I...Want you to know about this..."

"At first I was scared that if you will know about my past then...you would hate me...I didn't wanted that...My past...is horrible and it scares me..."
He muttered and looked at her with hesistation.

She held a neutral look. "I understand...but I won't hate you...or like I can't hate you...You are the only person who I can talk to as myself now..."
She placed her hand above his and smiled.

"And something like a horrible past can't make me stumble..."
She smiled reassuring him. The raven haired man felt himself getting emotional. With a heavy breath he looked at her.

"I...I had killed someone....I didn't wanted to...B-But...if I haven't t-then...!"
He looked down with guilt filled eyes. Struggling to form words. Until the cold hand wrapped around his hand tightened making him Look at her reassuring eyes.

"Calm down..."
She mumbled spreading her hand in circles as a motion to make him at ease.

"Take a deep breath and then say..."
She had whispered.

He did as she told. After another breath he decided to end it once and for all.

"I...was born into a noble family...of a duke..but wasn't the legimate child...my mother was the daughter of a poor marchioss family that was on the verge of collapsing, my father, a rich duke got smitten by my mother's beauty and proposed a deal to my mother's family...it was to sell their daughter for money....and they sold my mother without hesistation..."

"My memory of her is hazy...I don't remember everything about my mother but I do remember that she always used to smile infront of me...and she was beautiful...despite all the abuse and humiliation she suffered with duke...she always smiled infront of me...but I remember that I sometimes saw her crying in a corner helplessly..."

"When my father knew about my existence he asked my mother to kill me before I could be born...just because his fake image...My mother refused him and choose to run away with me still in her stomach...she succeeded..."

"She ran away and for five years I stayed with her...until my father came back and threatened my mother to give me to him... perhaps he was so desparate for me because of the fact that I had strong mana which wasn't a common happening..."

______

After that imma do it with a flashback because I want more words and emotions can only be felt at the spot of the incident

Anyways I am still not dead, hopefully I can update soon and also sorry for the short chapter! I am loosing my motivation and all but I'll try to be more frequent!