CHAPTER-30

The blonde was left speechless hearing his words. She was unaware of what exactly she should feel.

The God whom she thought helped her was not less than a demon...

The guy she used to hate turned out to be a guy who was just trapped in a cage...

Everything began to seem false...

Guilt engulfed her as she looked towards the raven haired man who had his eyes fixed to the ground. He seemed like he was looking at the floor but the way he seemed, she was well aware that he wasn't looking at anywhere, or more like he was looking into an oblivion. In endless darkness.

Looking at his state, Athanasia wanted to cry..but unfortunately she can't. That's what she disliked the most about being a ghost...She could NEVER ever would be able to show her emotions again.

If she is embarassed then she can't express it because she is a spirit without any body.

If she wants to shed tears then she still can't.....

The raven haired man had himself trembling. He feared that after telling her this she would leave him..like everyone else.

When he was in the middle of his dillema he suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around him from his back.

He was startled. "Sia...?", He called but was more confused when her embrace tightened around him. She placed her head on his back and closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry...for all the things you went through..."

"I...I...I'm sorry for treating you so poorly till now...I'm sorry...for everything"

He was baffled at her apology. "W-Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault!"

He panicked with a tint of pink on his face.

"And I wasn't really affected by your behaviour towards me...Infact I liked it...Nobody ever behaved like a human with me...I liked it when you treated me like a normal person...you weren't scared of me and made me realise how does it actually feels to have someone by your side..."

He held her hands that hugged his waist and smiled with a small blush.
"You don't have to apologise...And for any reason...I should thank you...for making me aware of how it feels like to be treated like a human..."

Athanasia wanted to cry again at his words. But as she was unable to express her wish she chose to give the man a surprise punch.

Lucas was taken aback by the sudden hit on his back as he groaned and complained, "What did I do!? Why did you hit me!"

Athanasia hugged his back as tightly as she could. It took him by surprise again. He was flustered at her actions.

"Idiot..."
The blonde cursed snuggling her face in the ravennete's wide back.

He blushed fifty shades of red when he realised she was hugging him tightly while snuggling like a toddler.

'This posture... Isn't it a little...'

He thought but when a thought hit his face paled and eyes lost their shine again. His bangs covered his eyes.

He wanted to say something but stopped when the blonde cut him over it.

"You could have told me this earlier!"
She shouted.

"You're stupid to think that I would hate you after this...In any case You made me feel attracted to you more!!"

Hearing her words Lucas' skin turned bright again and his eyes shone like rubies. His face went red and mouth stayed agape.

'A-Attracted towards...me?'

'What does she mean by it...'

He thought completely being flustered by her words.

But he remembered what he had to ask. So without any delay he chose to question her.

"D-Does it mean that you don't hate me? And you won't leave me!?"

He asked with anticipation.

"..."

She remained silent for a minute which made the ravennete who brightened before loose his brightness and return back to his gloomy state.

'What did I even expected...'

'Ofcourse she would leave me...Nobody would like to be with a de-'

His thoughts were interupted when the blonde pulled his ear mercilessly. The man groaned in pain.

"Owww! Why!?"
He asked as a tear drop appeared on the corner of his right eye.

"Are you stupid! Why would I leave you!? Why would anyone leave you!? And if anyone does then they are the greatest idiot to ever be there!"

She declared with a face as sincere like she was confessing her love.

Lucas who was a moment before confused and scared of her answer was left speechless. All he could do at that moment was look at her in daze.

Athanasia glanced back at him. She felt a bit embarrassed at her previous words but still maintained a strict gaze to show her sincerity to him.

But it was just getting too suffocating for her when he was staring at her like that...with those Ruby eyes glistening in daze matching with the red blush on his fair cheeks.

She can't help but sigh and ruffle his hair catching him off gaurd. Lucas blinked twice and then looked back at her and smiled brightly.

"I'm glad that I met you!"

Athanasia knew if she was alive she would have gone all red by his words. But thanks to her father she isn't.

"Whatever! Now go and clean the living room! I saw some dust there and... don't think useless stuffs again..."

She commented and looked away in embarrassment as she was too embarrassed to face him.

Lucas on the other hand was clueless of the thoughts that the blonde was having and passed a toothy smile even brighter than the sun. The sun rays fell on his face lightning his skin and creating a clear vision for the blonde of him.

"Sure! As you say mam!"
Once again she was mesmerized by his smile like last time. She can't help but go all over for him! I mean who won't go all over him after seeing his sweet smile like just look at him! The perfect man for any girl! And Athanasia was no idiot to not be swayed by his pretty smile.

She must be behaving like a creep but nobody can help it! Pretty sure even you love him like who can't love Lucas! Even the author is a greater level of simp for the man!

Athanasia coughed twice and looked back at him but was still hooked into his smile.

'I swear if he would always smile like this then one day I'll be dea- oh wait I already am...'

She deadpanned at her obvious dumbness. But still nothing was as more important as the smile of the man.

"Stop smiling or I will kiss you"
She taunted in an attempt for him to stop behaving so cute but was astonished when a even cuter sight welcomed her.

'I-Is he pouting!?'

She choked when saw the ravennete's cheeks puffed as he glanced at her and cutely glared.

Yeah no stuff, she had always considered his glare cute even if it could freeze hundreds of oceans.

"Don't try to tease me again..."
He complained with a small blush on the corner of his cheeks.

'Oh yeah now I'm ready to die again after witnessing this cute sight...'

She thought and felt herself fading.

'Oh shit not too soon!!!'

And she was revived back.

"Whatever just go away!"
After yelling this the blonde didn't wasted any second and flew away through the window or she would have actually kissed him.

______