CHAPTER-26

"Hey! Try this!"
Athanasia exclaimed looking at Lucas.

The raven haired young man looked at her horrified and shocked at the same time.

"Put that down!!"
He shout running towards her but sadly it was already too late.

!Boom!

A blast occurred in the tower. Thankfully the black smoke escaped out through the open windows.

"Cough, Cough "
He coughed as his face was totally black due to the smoke. On the other hand, the blonde ghost was unaffected by the explosion.

"I-I, Cough , Told you to not touch that!", He scolded her in between his coughing.

Athanasia just guiltily looked to the other side with a awkward smile.

Currently, the two were in the place where Lucas creates spells and different potions. Because of her repeated pleading, he let her enter this place but now look at this!

"I knew that I shouldn't have brought you here!", Her shoulders slumped at his words.

"Come on! I didn't knew it was a explosive!"
She decided to quarrel with him this time.

Lucas snapped his finger to clean himself and answered, "But I told you to not touch anything!"

Athanasia hmped and turned away with a pout.

"Jerk"
She grumbled that made the ravennete offended.

"I am literally behaving like a damn dog to you! Be grateful because there was not any person who I had ever obeyed myself in years!!"
He yelled and she rolled her eyes.

"What a disobedient dog I possess"
Her answer made him more furious.

"I wish you were alive so I could revenge"

"How so?"

"Secret"

"That's cruel"

The place got quiet with this. Neither of them tried talking to the other. Lucas used magic to clean the room meanwhile Athanasia took a seat on the sofa.

As the silence remained, her mind driffted of to another place. She had always wondered about the man's past. Remembering his childhood photo in which he looked extremely tired and dull...She always wished to ask him about this.

What was it that made him like that in childhood? Why did he always seemed so lonely?

All these questions made her mind spin.

But the most important question, Why did she cared for him? Remained unanswered like the others too.

Or, Saying that she refused to know the answer was not wrong either.

Looking aside from her, the other person who was in the room was rather worried. She had never remained silent for this long, so Lucas felt wierd.

Even if she was annoying, but he preferred her teasy, cheerful and irritating self more rather than this silent one.

He deep down felt guilty. Even though not aware of his fault, the man guessed that it might be because he scolded her.

"Ah, What should I do!? Why did I angered Lucas! He must not want to see me anymore!!"
A image of the blonde ghost regretfully sobbing with teary eyes appeared. Pity arose in his heart as he glanced at the said girl.

'I must talk to her now'

'Don't worry! I'll talk to you no matter what'

With this thought and a worried face he walked towards her. He lightly nudged her shoulder to earn her attention but she seemed to be deep in thought, while she looked at the wall of the room with much interest.

"Oi, Are you there"
He spoke but was once again ignored. Lucas was slowly getting irritated by this so he decided to shake the girl back to reality.

"Wake up!"

Starteled by his sudden action. Athanasia looked at him wide eyed. "Lucas?"

The ravenette nodded. "You seemed to be deep in thought", Hearing his words Athanasia returned a awkward look.

"Uhh..Well, seems like it?"
She said scratching the back of her nape.

He wanted to reply rudely at that, but remembering his imagination the man decided to forgive her and took a seat next to her on the couche.

"What were you thinking"
He asked stretching his hands.

"Nothing important...Plus I don't think you would like hearing that"
She muttered and looked at him.

"Eh? Why wouldn't I? It's not like you are talking about murder or something"

'I'm pretty much sure that you would not be affected a least about hearing murder stuff'

Athanasia looked at him deadpanned.

"I said it's nothing", She avoided his question and layed on the couche in a relaxed position.

"You can't do that"
"Tell me!"
He insisted but she just ignored him. Her eyes were closed and face held a unbothered look.

"What a bummer..."
Her grumbled with a pout and got in the same position as her too.

Silence occupied the room again. But not until the blonde opened her mouth.

"What if I say I was thinking about your past? About your childhood?"

Lucas jolted up from his relaxed position and looked at her wide eyed. She was just midlessly looking at the ceiling.

"Also, That I sneaked in your album that was in that treasure box...Saw the photo of who I assume must be your mother and also looked at your only childhood photo in which you looked so weak..."

He was beyond surprised. He never thought that this talk would ever come. Fear raised inside his heart and his face grew pale.

"W-Why did you...Have you read the..letter?"
He asked and she shook her head. A sense of relief washed through him hearing her answer. But the fear still remained in the same place.

"I'm sorry...I know I shouldn't have looked through your private belongings...but now what is done can't be changed or forgotten"
Her eyes turned to look at him.

"I want to know more about you, about your past, Lucas"

He flinched at her words.

Know more about him?

He thought she was joking...

There was nothing to know about him...

Nothing, except his pathetic life till now...

Anyone, anyone but not her...

He doesn't want her to know about it...

About his horrible past...

"I-I am going out"
He stuttered standing up from his position and flicking his finger to teleport.

Now, the blonde was the only one left in the room. Alone. But nothing new was there.

She had always been alone...

But this little time that she had spend with him was like a gift...

A gift that might not be with her from now on...

'As I thought...He doesn't even trust me...'

She thought with a mistful smile on her face.

What will come to these two people?

Two people connected by a thread bond to be broken...

Will they ever be able to confess there feelings?

___
The updates would be slower or just won't come for a loooong while because my parents have finally chose to get a tuition for me! It sucks honestly! I won't get any free time from now on!!

So yeah that's it, the updates will be slow so remember I would not be dead in future (hopefully) but will update like a snail!