CHAPTER-20

"Jeannette..."
He mumbled shocked when found the brunnete standing there with a curious look.

"Yup, that's me!"
She smiled at him, her jewelled eyes changing into crescents.

"When did you come here?"
The white haired asked still in daze.

"Just awhile ago! I wanted to suprise you so told uncle to not tell you!"
She answered and turned her eyes back to the greenery, her jewelled eyes looking around the place.

Ijekiel just looked at her and stood at the same place.

"It's been awhile, right?"
"Since we stayed at the greenery together..."
Jeannette spoke making Ijekial turn towards her, she was looking at the Rose between the Lilies with a bright smile.

"U-hm..."
He replied scratching the back of his nape.

"Do you remember these Lilies? We planted it together in childhood as a promise that we will stay together in future..."
The doe eyes of the brunnete looked back at Ijekiel. But there was something that felt odd about her gaze.

"Yeah, Right"
Ijekiel answered even though he never remembered doing this, strangely despite being naive and clumsy Jeannette was really observant to things she liked, even her memory seems like fresh about the events...

"I wonder from where this Rose came in between the Lilies"

The brunnete lifted her hand to touch the Rose but like in a protective way her hand was slapped away from the flower by the latter.

She winced in pain and looked up at the albino head, "S-Sorry I didn't meant too..." He tried holding her hand but she pushed him away causing him to look at her with confusion.

"Jeannette..."

The brunnete was holding her hand as her face was covered by her bangs.

"You liked her... didn't you...?"
She mumbled softly in the silence of the greenery.

The two were the only one at the place, they stood close but somehow there distance felt far far away than each other. Like they lived in two other worlds.

Ijekiel bit his lower lips and tried behaving like he didn't understood, "What do you mean by that, Jeannette"

!Slap!

"Can you stop it!!"
"You know very well who am I talking about!!"
She yelled with small amount of tear in the corner of her eyes as another slap landed on Ijekial's cheeks.

He had his head lowered as his hand held the place where she slapped softly rubbing it hoping for the pain to subside, but the pain of the slap wasn't what hurted him the most, it was her words.

"Yes, I do", he let out in a weak voice threatening to break apart.

And that response was enough to make the brunnete break into loud sobs as fat tears fell down through her cheeks.

"I...Loved you the most...but still couldn't have you..."
She muttered getting a hold of the man's shirt as she slowly started to fall down to the ground.

"I wanted a family...But now I wonder What really is a family..."
She looked down at the floor with tears still pouring out of her eyes.

The white haired man stood at the exact location he stood with his face looking down but not at the brunnete.

"I do got a father for whom I always wished for...but what is the use of it!? Is he really my father!? I...Am I just a nobody..."
Her voice sounded like she had enough, filled with hatred.

"Would... Would anyone even care if...I ever disappeared...? No, right?"
She mumbled.

Right now, Jeannette felt miserable and helpless.