CHAPTER-17

In the dim room of a tower, a figure slipped to the corner in an instant.

With a loud thud, the figure fell on ground panting loudly. The sun rays from the window slowly lightened the room making the figure visible.

The blonde hugged her knees and took deep breaths, she weakly looked at her hand. It was going transparent.

'Is it...Is it what I think...?'

'Ha...'

She closed her eyes and slowly came back to how she was, though a little more paler.

No one would notice it, right?

----

"Where did you went?"
The ravenette asked while chewing on his apple.

"To appreciate my beauty!"
Athanasia replied with a smirk and Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Whatever"
He munched on his apple and commented.

The room became silent, the blonde was laying in the middle of air and the ravennete was looking through a book.

'Silent really doesn't suit her...'

He pondered with a deadpanned look.

"Uh-"

"He-"

Both of them spoke at the same causing them to look at each other.

"Y-You say first..."
Athanasia said getting up from her lying position and now sitting in air with her legs fold.

"Fine..."
"I'm going to the palace"

A glint appeared in Athanasia's eyes in curiousity.

"Palace? Why though?"
She came closer to him.

"I have to make those kids imperial magicians"
He answered in a neutral tone and Athanasia lips turned into a 'oh'.

"Did you asked them?"
She asked and the latter nodded his head.

"They said they would be delighted"
His eyes were still glued in his book.

"That's good! This way the three would have a career and won't have to roam in streets!"

"But I do wonder who there parents are...."
She placed her index finger on her chin in a stance that seemed like she was deep in thoughts.

"No need to. I'll go there tomorrow"

Athanasia scoffed at his remark and hovered backwards creating distance.

She looked up towards the ceiling in daze and spoke after awhile, "I wanna come there too...".

She muttered In daze making the ravenette get out of his book and finally face her.

"Even...after they killed you...?"
He muttered in a low voice but it was audible to the ghost.

"Eh? Did I end up speaking my thoughts?"
She muttered in a bored tone. Her head moved downwards to look at him who was glancing at her with a wierd gaze in his eyes.

"Why do you care? Even if i'm hurt or not, Why does it matter to you?"
The blonde looked towards the vase kept on that small table that was in the corner of the room as she looked away from his eyes. The blonde seemed like she was looking at the table but in actual, her mind wondered of to something different.

"R-Right...I wonder that too..."
"Do whatever you want"
The ravenette flinched at her words and wondered about his behaviour, What's wrong with him?

He moved back to reading his book inorder to get his mind off the things happening.

The room grew silent with the blonde looking into oblivion and the ravennete sucked into his book. The both didn't dared to speak a word or look at each other.

Not because they were angry and didn't wished to see the face of each other...

In actual they were afraid, If they looked at each other then would they end up loosing there control and do something that wasn't supposed to happen...

If this way they could surpass there emotions, then they would do so.

The feeling they were feeling for each other in the silent room was absolutely dangerous for both of them, It could hurt them and break them into peices...

If only they could rewind the time and change everything....

If only....

===

"Woah! It's so big!"
Kami exclaimed with stars shining in her hazel eyes In awe.

They stood infront of the palace,"Still not better than my tower", Lucas commented.

The ravennete stood there with the kids beside him and had a bored look on his face, his hands were in his pocket.

Athanasia lightly chuckled at the kid's remark. If she would've been there age, she would have been awed too.

The other two kids who always follow there big sister, like usual, remained silent.

"Come one, let's go In"
Lucas waved his hand in a motion for others to follow him.

They nodded there head and followed the older like little duckling including the blonde too.

"Will I be a great magician!"
"Just like big brother Lucas!"
The brunnete kid asked with a bright smile and curious eyes, she looked at the ravennete who stayed silent for awhile.

"Mm"
"If you work hard"
Just his 'mm' made the kid go on cloud nine. She was delighted to hear him compliment her.

"I will work really hard! I wanna make you proud!"
She was clearly shining at this point, in happiness. Why wouldn't she anyway? It was her dream to be a strong imperial magician.

'Who would think she is a God's incarnation....no wonder I always feel wierd around her, like a divine and fluffy feeling....Or it's just because I'm weak to kids...'

She internally thanked the older again even after she had done it thousand times infront of him, she also prayed for a good life for him and happiness!

Athanasia flew towards the ravennete with a playful smile, she had her hands on her back and her head leaned slightly down.

"You are weak towards kids, aren't you?"
She whispered in his ear making sure the three doesn't listen to her.

The ravenette flinched a little at her words and averted his gaze, "N-No, Why would I be weak to small little creatures...".

Athanasia's eyes thinned and a teasing smile formed on her lips, "Look at you, You can't lie"

The latter protested to her comments but end up losing.

"We are here, the Emperor's office"
Lucas spoke and everyone now became silent.

Athanasia had a tensed look but changed it back to normal in seconds. The kids were half scared half excited.

Excited because, Who would think that mere street beggars like them would get the chance to meet the emperor of the whole empire!?

Scared because they heard about him being a tyrant and killing his own daughter.

"Finally we are here! What are we waiting for then? Open the door talk to the emperor and let's go back!"
Athanasia behaved normally and said with a smile.

Lucas was hesistant of taking her inside, infront of the person who killed her. And he didn't even knew why he was hesistant.

Though even if he stops her, she won't listen to him... What's the use of saying.

So he took a sigh and knocked on the Emperor's door twice. After hearing a faint come in, the five entered the office, one of them being a ghost and invisible to other's eyes.

Infront of them was a blonde man sitting on the chair, his jewelled eyes looking through the paper in his hand.

"Blessings and glory to the sun of Obelia"
Lucas bowed and seeing him the kids bowed too.

Athanasia remained still as she knew he couldn't see her so bowing wasn't necessary.

_________________________________