CHAPTER-29

"Lucas"
A sweet sounding voice called me. I turned and looked at the person who had called me.

My eyes lit up when I spotted the individual. It was a boy with crisp brown hair and purple eyes. The young boy looked slightly similar to me in face structure.

"Brother!"
I exclaimed as I walked towards him with my little feets.

Yup! He was my older brother Nathaniel! I really liked and admired brother! He is Seven years older than me!

He was the only person kind to me in this big mansion and also the only one who takes care of me...

Oh right, let me introduce myself first! I am Lucas borgeus lovell! I am five and I am the illegitimate child of the duke...well that's what others call me. I don't know what illegitimate mean but it must mean something good, right?

Oh right my introduction! So, I lived till now with my mama who loves me alot! She said that to me before I came here!

I love mama too!

I don't know what happened to mama after duke father brought me to the mansion...but I did heard a stranger talking about my mother. He said that she was dead on the orders of the duke father to protect the family reputation...What does dead mean?

I didn't gave attention to the stranger uncle because mama told me to never trust a stranger! Is being dead a good thing? If it is then Lucas hopes that mama is happy! Lucas would be a good boy in the mansion and obey duke father so that mama could be dead happily!

Now, as I ran and stood infront of brother. He rubbed my forehead and smiled. I smiled back at him.

"How is my younger brother doing today?"
He asked and I replied with a bright smile.

"Lucas is good! Brother looks good too!"

He smiled gently at me.

"Look. I brought something for Lucas"
He took out a toy horse from his other hand which he was hiding and showed it to me.

"Woahh!! Can Lucas really take it?"
I asked with stars shining in my eyes. After brother nodded his head I grabbed the toy and looked at it with enthusiasm.

It is my first toy ever! Mama was poor so I never asked from her but now brother brought me a toy!

"Thank you brother!"
I cheered happily until a realisation stuck me. I looked down and my shoulders slumped. Brother must have been confused.

"Won't madam be angry?"
I mumbled and felt a hand caress my hair.

"Don't worry it's a secret between brother and Lu only",
I glanced up and caught my brother smilling with his index finger close to his lips.

I smiled brightly. "Yes!"

---

After that the little boy ran away to somewhere else after telling his brother to stay there. After he was gone the atmosphere around the young boy darkened as his purple eyes glowed.

'What a good dog...My key to be free from this shitty family. Too bad that kid would be a sacrifice..'

He thought and smiled eerily. The little boy mentioned by him was still unaware of the horrible future that awaited him. In a facade of being loved by someone who actually used him, the boy happily allowed himself to be swayed in a void.

Soon, time passed and the time crucial to Lucas arrived. He was twelve and much more poorly treated in the mansion than before. His older brother started to grow suspicious. And one day he said Lucas to do something that would change his whole being in a split second.