CHAPTER-31

"Now... let's talk about the invitation you got..."
The blonde muttered and looked at the envelope that was kept on the table.

"My uncle!? That guy who nearly wretched this hell of a empire?"
Athanasia remarked rolling her eyes with her hands folded.

"Hm."
The ravenette nodded his head innocently.

"Unbelievable. And you're cute"
She spoke seriously at first but later winked at him.

"Could we try to focus on one thing rather than flirting"
Lucas replied as he crossed his leg and positioned into a more comfortable position on the couch.

Athanasia giggled at his expression and replied. "Sure enough"

"So! Let's barge into the meeting room! Get my uncle's throat and choke him till he dies and actually goes to hell!"
The blonde spoke animatedly with proud.

"Oh please..."
He sighed and face palmed.

"I would rather prefer the safer way"
He looked out of the window.

"H? What's the 'safer way' you say?"

"Just living silently and watching everyone crumbling to ashes"

She deadpanned as the ravenette looked outside of the window with a plsin smile.

At last she sighed and plopped beside the ravenette.

"Well, Let's just try and save Jenny first...she doesn't deserve being in that mess"
She muttered and the ravennete turned to look at her with confusion.

"Why that look?"
She asked with a frown.

"Isn't she the reason for your desmise? Why do you want to save her?"
He questioned but was taken aback when Athanasia's frown deepened.

"She isn't at fault alright! Yeah sure my shitty father favoured her over me and I was killed due to the false accusation of poisoning her...but still! She isn't the reason..."

Athanasia reasoned but it went over Lucas' head.

"I still don't understand why you want to save her..."
He grumbled and looked away.

"But I'll still be by your side...For as long as I can..."

A smile formed on the blonde's lips, she can't help help but feel optimistic about the future yet to come...even if she knew very well that there was not any place in which they could stay together... specially not in this world.

"Then..."

But it is fine...

She would love to spend all the time that is left for her together with him...

"I'll be in your care from now on!"

She smiled as bright as she could. As much as she wished to ignore the coming future...It is inevitable so better accept it as it is! There's no point in crying over it, right?

The ravenette looked at her smiling face. He didn't knew why but he felt that there was something else meant to her smilling.

And maybe he knew what her smile meant...but he chose to ignore it..

It was better for him to feel the pain in the future rather than the present...

"Ofcourse I will, idiot"

He replied and looked at her.

The blonde chuckled at his respond and he slightly smiled too. There was nothing else they could do either way.

They could only sit there and wait for the future that await them. They knew what it will be but they can't help but detest it.

Both of them were cowards. Too afraid to speak out the words stuck in their tongue and but also afraid to not able to let out the stucked words.

"Now! Let's plan what will happen tomorrow and defeat my Uncle!"
The blonde spoke with enthusiasm and smiled.

The ravenette nodded.

===

Time flew by quickly and the moon took over the place of sun. The stars arrived alongside with the moon as the light of the moon seeped through the window of the tower room.

But there just wasn't the light of moon that shone in the room. It was also the light that came out from the blonde.

Her eyes went to her hands to find that they were getting vague. Her eyes that were dull grew darker and her face lost the expressions on them.

After removing her eyes from her hand, the blonde looked up tonthe sky from the window and sighed.

'I knew the time is coming...I...I shouldn't have met him...'

She thought and drew the curtain to avoid the moon's light from coming inside the room.

The room grew dark. It looked hollow. Just like her.

"Athanasia?"
The call made her look up from the ground to the silhouette of the man she lived with.

"What are doing in this dark?"
He asked tilting his head and proceeded to walk towards her. Lucas opened the curtain of the window allowing moon light to enter back in the room and slightly lighten the room.

Before he wasn't able to look at her due to the darkness but now that he was able to catch the glimpse of her face he was surprised.

She looked hollow...
Like a void...

She was looking down on the ground in daze.

"Athanasia?"
He called out to her again. Athanasia lifted up her gaze from the ground and met with a pair of concern looking eyes.

'Please Don't look at me like that...'

She felt broken and wished to cry...but nevertheless nothing came out from her eyes. It was expected. She wasn't alive like before...But she still felt more alive being with him compared to when she was alive...

In an frenzy, the blonde sighed and wrapped her arms around the man catching him off gaurd.

"I'm sorry...."
She muttered snuggling on his chest.

"W-What are you saying!? Why are you even apologizing for!"
He began to panick. After not receiving any reply from her he chose to return the hug to her. She had also held him each time he felt broken so he would try to hold her too.

"It's fine...I don't know why you are doing it but...It would be fine..."
He muttered.

The blonde can't help but feel grateful of having him with her at this moment. A smile formed on her lips.

"I don't know about the future but...Till then... Let's be together..."
She said with a gloomy but hopeful look.

The ravenette got hit by the realisation of the future again. The future he hates.

But it's fine...It would be fine...It wouldn't matter right?

He is used to loosing people... isn't he? It should surely be fine for him...

Surely...

__________________________