¹⁰ sᴍᴏᴏᴛʜɪᴇ

*

Three untypical brothers were eating breakfast at the rather quiet dining table, Taehyun had taken notice of the lethargic mood Beomgyu was holding and it was having quite an impact on the ambience.

For some reason, Beomgyu was thinking back to the times when he and Taehyun were in junior high school, precisely before they started dating.

'When it came to Taehyun I was quite an embarrassing teenager honestly. I guess I wasn't used to being around a boy who looked that cute.'

He snuck a look at Taehyun who had his attention elsewhere.

'I was gullible back then though.. I didn't know I would end up dating someone who would worry me constantly.'

'But I only felt that way later in the relationship. In the beginning I liked him so much I wanted to stay with him every second of the day.'

'But lately why do I feel like deja vu?'

The deep sigh Beomgyu soon let out was enough for the stepbrother to wonder what the heck was up. "What's with the attitude?"

"I'm mad I can't go to the concert is all." He avoided eye contact, frowning.

Of the stepbrothers, the older one secretly has the most unpredictable thoughts while Taehyun is quite readable.
A complete switch from their teen days.

"Yunn thinks it's something else." The child spoke.

They were nearing the end of their breakfast so Taehyun stood up since he was already done. "Beomgyu, you and I should get dressed."

"For what?" Beomgyu raised a brow.

"Grocery shopping." He said. "Your mom didn't tell you? It's more relaxing in the morning so let's go now."

"Wait." Beomgyu batted his eyes. "Just the two of us? Like this boy ain't coming?" He pointed at the 5 year old while looking at the 20 year old one.

"Hm? Yeah just us.." Taehyun was wondering what the deal was.

A smile slowly formed on Beomgyu's face, finally a familiar expression. "Heh~ screw concerts, groceries for life!" He headed away from the table to get ready.

"Yah why're you leaving your plate here?? Also what do those two things have to do with each other...."

"Boba hyung values quality time with you."

"Huh?! W..What are you saying now??"

"Yunn was there last night and he saw everything unfold, from when Boba hyung was talking with Yunn's mom all the way to his conversation with woman. Boba just didn't notice Yunn's presence because Yunn is too small."

"Okay but.." Taehyun was piling their plates while mumbling. "Why did you say that?"

"Boba hyung was hinting to Yunn's mom that he wants to buy groceries with you only. Yunn shares the room with boba hyung so Yunn saw how later woman on the phone asked him to go to the concert together but he didn't reply and went to your room for some reason. Yunn wants to assume that it's because he'd rather go with you instead-"

"T-This is nonsense!!" Taehyun headed to the kitchen robot style. "As if this could ever happen, rubbish. Choosing me over his girlfriend when he brings her up all the time, rubbish."