²⁸ ᴇɴᴅ

*

A month
has passed since Hangyeol and Eunjung's official divorce.

They did it indeed since Eunjung gave in.

The woman wasn't sent to prison for lying about their status but she was faced with something that she deemed as worse: she had to give back all the money she had personally earned from the government even though she had spent most of it on material things + do 500 hours of community service.

As for the family's living conditions; Hangyeol still owned his house and Taehyun was living with him so nothing really changed on their end.
Since their family was anything but perfect; money got tight. Hangyeol started working two jobs and his son voluntarily helped him out with his student job too.

Beomgyu on the other hand, had to live with his mother. That's the law.
But Yunseo could go live in either house since they're both his parents.

~~~

4 people were chilling in an indoor area on their college campus. Hueningkai was gently caressing his boyfriend's hair while the latter was not so dedicatedly trying to nap on Kai's lap. "Soobin did we ever tell you about that whole mumbo jumbo with Beomgyu's ex? She's in prison now it'll be the case for some years."

"No- actually why do I kind of feel excluded? I didn't even know y'all went to court and stuff." He remembers how Kai kept on saying how cool the trial was, Yeonjun and Taehyun were great and Ivy's lawyer had the hardest time defending her.

"Don't know. Maybe it's about you having no cards or something.. Also you got no interesting love life." Kai casually dissed him.

Yeonjun made some random forced smile after hearing Kai's words.

"Nah actually how do you two feel about all this? Beomgyu and Taehyun are finally happy in their relationship after all the shit, I've been in mine for 3 years now and meanwhile you two are still just.. there." Kai looked at his two older friends back and forth, they were both on his left.

"Ah well-" Yeonjun briefly scratched his head. "I feel nice! Being single is greattt and I'm happy for everyone.." He turned to the Soobin. "What about you Soobman?"

"Y-Yeah same.." He always gets a little nervous when conversing with Yeonjun. "But still I wouldn't mind finding someone.."

"Ohh.." Yeonjun uttered and for some reason they just stared at each other after that.

Kai tilted his head because now that he thinks about it he never really knew what those two's relationship was. He thought they were dating but they're too friendly.

At least he knows two people whose relationship was now clear as day, it used to be complete nonsense a few months ago.

~~~~

With the doorbell ringing, Hangyeol trudged towards the front door looking as lazy as ever.

Opening it led to the sight of a young adult who was his stepson not even a month ago. That former relationship between them can be completely cast away, that was all in the past.

With a sweet smile on his face and a beautiful bouquet in his hand; Beomgyu said, "Hi Hangyeol I'm here to pick up Tae!"

Hangyeol's eyes landed on the flowers. "Is it a special occasion?"