²⁷ ɴᴏ

Interesting how the last chap is called 'gone' after I was gone. I'm sorry! Taegyaza how dare you skip a Wednesday! Some things just come up T_T

The book is ending soon, you won't have to put up with my crap anymore haha

*

The family, minus Yunseo, were sitting on the couches in their living room.

"Why are you divorcing..?" Taehyun genuinely looked concerned, especially since this was seemingly coming out of nowhere.

Passed out Beomgyu was lying on a sofa, his stepbrother put him there after it was confirmed that he was fine. He should wake up soon...

Eunjung spoke first. "The details aren't important—"

"She's been seeing other men behind my back." Hangyeol said.

Taehyun's eyes widened at first but soon got filled with cold disappointment as he gave the woman a certain look.

It might not be a surprise to some, but Beomgyu's mother never took this marriage seriously. They married each other for status and money, those things were shared desires but.
The difference between the two grown-ups is that one of them doesn't have feelings for the other. Physical attraction at the very most.

Hangyeol caught his wife swiping men on a dating app a few days ago. That was only one thing; he doesn't know that she's actually been hanging out with other men during this whole relationship which explains why she's barely home sometimes.
But he did have huge suspicions so let's just say that this was established knowledge.

The man was quite upset when he saw her phone but he still decided to give her a chance... They need to stay married otherwise their livelihood will crumble... and also it's not like he didn't like her in general. He wouldn't have married her if it wasn't the case.

The husband was the one who proposed this trip, as a way for them to get closer.. Hangyeol never understood the concept of cheating, he wanted to use this trip as a way to make Eunjung like him more or something because he just didn't get why she felt the need to cheat.

He sighed. "Yesterday I overheard Eunjung talking on the phone about going to some random rich man's house to have you can guess what. I can't believe she would do this while being on a weekend with her husband. That was when I decided that I was done."

Taehyun looked absolutely tired with her. "Eunjung." He called monotonously as he looked into her eyes. "Why."

She awkwardly cleared her throat. "For my defence, I only go for wealthy men, to get more money! I don't actually like them."

"That doesn't make it any better." The father and son said with a straight face before immediately turning to each other, amazed by the synchronisation.

Even though she's been getting more money from her job and the government after forming this family, she is still very greedy for more. And the only way she's ever known to get quick cash was by sleeping with rich men, that was what she did during Beomgyu's entire childhood after all.

~~~
Some minutes later

Taehyun, his father and his stepmother were still sitting on the couches, except that their new side activity was to blankly watch a certain brown-haired guy who was in the same room with them. He seriously had all their attention.