¹⁴ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

*

Judging by how late it was getting, the guests started to leave; Kai's boyfriend came to grab him, Aiden left alone while Soobin will stay at Yeonjun's place a little longer.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay??" Yeonjun said at the front door of his place, seeing the stepbrothers leave.

"Yes don't worry!" Taehyun said.

He was walking while carrying Beomgyu on his back, the latter was completely out of it, just so drunk.
'I recognise the area, this is like a twenty minute walk.. if I get tired I'll call a taxi. I hope we don't look too weird.. thankfully there aren't many people.'

'Also I'm thankful that he's so light, like what am I carrying a feather??'

"Why did you have to drink so much..." Taehyun sighed.

"Buddyyyy...." Beomgyu hummed, his eyes were closed, arms just drooping along Taehyun's chest.

"Yes?"

"Did you have sex with him?"

"No."

"Why did you kiss him back?"

"Because I felt like it at that moment, why're you asking?" Taehyun should focus on what's in front of him but his mind was going to too many places— No he immediately snapped out of it, this is not the time to have an accident.

"Seeing my ex kissing another guy in front of me was...." That sentence wasn't supposed to end there, but Beomgyu is just messed out.
"Hey Taehyun... would it be wrong to say that I envy...."

'FINISH YOUR SENTENCES GODDAMNIT.' Taehyun's heart can't take it.

"I should've stopped y'all.." Beomgyu mumbled.

Taehyun's face went very serious, it would be dumb of him not to pick up the hints. "Beomgyu why are you so bothered by this?"

"I still don't see you as my brother, no matter how long we've been step bros and no matter how much I force myself to. I can't and I probably never will. It's easier to refer to you as buddy instead of brother, brother just grosses me out."

That reply doesn't precisely answer his question but... if Taehyun wanted to think deeper about it and grasp exactly just what Beomgyu was implying he would, but he doesn't want to.

"We dated before our parents dated! My mom married some man that I'm not related to, a man who had a kid with some woman that I am not related to. Like seriously, two strangers had a child why do I have to call him my brother?! We have no parents in common why the hell would I see you as my brother when we were boyfriends before any of this shit!? I hope they divorce!"

'Why is he so angry..?'

"Any specific reason you want them to divorce? My dad finally found someone... so..."

"You're the reason Taehyun!" The drunk dude whined. "I wanna get rid of the stepbrother bullshit and I want you to just be my ex again! Also your dad can find someone better trust me."

'For a long time, I thought Beomgyu was completely okay with being stepbrothers, I thought that he easily erased every romantic trace of us. Turns out he's taking this situation worse than me... Great actor I guess.'

He's thinking whether he wants to push a little longer and ask questions about maybe Numeral 4 or something but.. he's too good of a guy to do that.

But.. there's something that is refusing to leave Taehyun's mind, probably planning on living in it rent-free. "Why did you kiss my cheek like that..?" He mumbled. "You really didn't have to you know.."