⁹ ᴘᴇʀғᴇᴄᴛ

Saturday drop, it's a flashback chap so let's not give it a one-week wait.

*

"Taehyun is so quiet."

"Taehyun always looks annoyed."

"Taehyun never plays with the other kids."

"Taehyun keeps on calling his classmates idiots."

These are sentences that this boy's mother was so used to hearing whenever there was a parent-teacher conference. And when he was 12 years, teachers also started complaining about him potentially using his 'ignore me' card often since they never seem to see him in general.

After their last conference, Taehyun's mom sat the now 12 year old on their couch and sat next to him. "Mom do you think something is wrong with me?"

"No.." She smiled. "I think you're just a bit different! Is making friends something you don't want to do?"

"It's not that I don't want to. But there aren't a lot of schoolmates who have the potential to be a good friend.." Ok Taehyun decided to be a bit more truthful.. "And also it's hard to make friends, when I started to care about being social it was too late because no one liked me."

"Not even the girls?~" She spoke in a teasing voice. "Handsome as you are!"

"Oh.. yeah I guess." Despite this, his expression saddened. "But if my face is the only good thing about me then that's quite pathetic."

"Taehyun." His mom reached her hand out to caress his brown hair. "You're lucky you know why? You cannot change your face (no surgery!) but you can change the rest. Your face is already nice so you don't even have to worry about that unlike many people."

"You want me to change the way I am??" Taehyun was a little shocked.

"No not like that. I mean.." The woman made some big gestures with her arms, trying to convey what she means. "Like enhancing yourself. I think you're already perfect but you can try to get out of your bubble more, I think it will benefit you."

Taehyun was pondering as he stared at the floorboard. "So I should try to be perfect..."

"No silly I said you already are. I love you like this, but others may not. Which is why I'm saying to open up more."

Hangyeol who was in the kitchen this whole time decided to join them as he sat between the two, throwing his arms over their shoulders. "So what are my two favorite people up to?"

"Dad, I've just begun my lifelong mission to be a perfect human. That way, Mom will stop hearing the same negative things about me over and over again. She will also stop worrying about me all the time and stop acting as if she likes me the way I am."

"Haha what are you saying???" The father was more amused than anything and didn't really take Taehyun's words seriously.
But then something suddenly occurred to him as he asked his wife. "Honey have you taken your daily medicine?"

"Mhm.."

That was a lie, she's not planning on taking it.