¹⁷ ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ

*

!!FLASHBACK!!

"Um..." Beomgyu, 15 years old, walked into one of those study lounges at his high school, it's a big room where you don't have to be quiet since it's mainly directed to students who want to study in groups, therefore you can chat.

The young guy noticed someone sitting alone at a table for two, reading a book. "Excuse me but, are you Kang Taehyun by any chance?"

The other guy looked up at him with a neutral expression. "Mhm and you must be Beomgyu."

"That's me!!" He didn't wait for a second before sitting with him. "You're about to save my life, you don't know how badly I struggle with my science courses!"

It's not uncommon for students at this school to volunteer to become tutors, and since it's free many students jump on the opportunity to be tutored by another student who is usually in a higher year. Taehyun is one of those tutors, Beomgyu is actually about to be his first student. "What year are you in?" Beomgyu asked. "I assume you're in a higher grade than me but you don't really look uhh....."

"I'm 14." Taehyun said to avoid having that guy try to guess his age. "I'm in first year."

"Wait that's younger than me!!" Beomgyu exclaimed. "How are you supposed to teach me stuff that your grade hasn't even touched yet?" Beomgyu is not sure about this, he might need a different tutor.

Taehyun affirmed to him that he's more ahead than anyone in his grade when it comes to science, he even already took a look at more advanced topics that even Beomgyu hasn't seen. In the end, Taehyun proposed that they start working today and if Beomgyu isn't satisfied he can change tutors.

An hour passed and Beomgyu was beyond amazed with the younger's expertise, not only that but he's such a good teacher and makes himself very understandable, he's so eloquent for his age too. He's the best tutor Beomgyu could wish for, with no flaws, Beomgyu should keep him around but there's one tiny problem....

Beomgyu was quite exaggeratedly leaning to the side, so he could take a closer look at Taehyun's face. He was told by him to solve a chemical reaction while he continues to read his book but instead Beomgyu is doing this leaning thing...

Taehyun made eye contact with him, wondering what he's doing; and it was at that second that Beomgyu backed away, stupefied. 'I THOUGHT I WAS SEEING THINGS BUT NO THIS GUY IS LEGITIMATELY CUTE LOOKING AS HELL THE FUCK?!!!'

The problem is that sure Taehyun being a good teacher is great but what's the point if Beomgyu can't concentrate because of his looks...

On the third day of tutoring, Beomgyu gradually started to make it clear that he wants their relationship to be more casual. "Taehyun-ah what do you like to do for fun? Do you like any sports?"

"Please don't call me that, I may be younger but I'm still your tutor." He frowned. "I guess I like soccer but what does that have to do with finding the oxidation number of Mn in KMnO4??"

'His seriousness is adorable help!'

"Hey Taehyun, If I said something along the lines of..." Beomgyu made an evil smirk, blushing slightly. "You being super cute, are you gonna say that I shouldn't say this to my tutor?"

Taehyun glanced at him before focusing back on what was important. "Hm."

Beomgyu spent most of these two weeks of tutoring subtly flirting with Taehyun, the question that mindblew the younger the most is being straight up asked if he was taken. He replied no but he didn't look too thrilled with Beomgyu going off-topic like he always does anyway.