²⁶ ɢᴏɴᴇ

*

Beomgyu's face went pale.
Even though that policeman clearly saw the position he was in; he was forced to dismiss it and was now on his way out of the basement. "Sir no please help me she's a kidnapper!! A stalker!" Beomgyu yelled in desperation.

Taehyun tried to reason with him. "She's using her card to commit crimes, ain't that against the law!?" He physically tried to block the man's path with his body.

The policeman gently moved the peach-haired haired aside before casually proceeding his walk upstairs. "Guys let's get out of here it was a false alarm.." He announced to the other policemen; and since he was the chief they didn't have much to say back to him.

"IT WASN'T!" Taehyun couldn't let this happen, he needed to get Beomgyu out of this mess and give him justice one way or another.
He won't be able to live with himself if Ivy gets away with sending people to kill him and abusing Beomgyu.

'What do I do..?' Taehyun, who was still standing in the middle of the staircase, was blankly staring into nothingness, his mind trying its best to work at its full power.

"Yah." Numeral 4, a pretty ash-blond haired creation, slowly stepped down one stair as she made that dead-sounding call to Taehyun. "Get lost.."

The latter gave her a cold look of disappointment. "Why are you okay with this, do you hate Beomgyu this much?"

"No." She frowned, feeling wronged. Her eyes carefully tried to peek at Ivy who was downstairs, trying to make sure that she was not listening in. "I've always liked him a lot but.. But Ivy and Beomgyu need to be together."

"Why?"

"It's just how it is.. And you keep on ruining everything..!" Numeral 4 whispered.

"Aren't you gonna cease to exist sooner or later? What do you gain from Ivy having him to herself?"

"I just-"

Without saying a word, Taehyun reached to grab her wrist and he abruptly pulled her close. Since it was dark and they were on the stairs, she yelped out of fear. But Taehyun soon covered her mouth with his hand. "Yah.. are you brainless? I didn't know the doppelgänger card made clones that can't think for themselves and must obey the cardholder."

Her eyes widened in offence. The guy kept his hand over her mouth and said this in her ear. "You've been around pretty much the entire time I've known Beomgyu as a stepbrother; so you certainly know how we feel about each other. Now tell me, If you like him as much as you claim; won't you rather have in my mind that he's with me than with Ivy when you're no longer around?"

All Numeral 4 wanted to do was get Taehyun away from her. She tried pushing him off but that only resulted in her falling down the remaining stairs as he had shoved her away instead. "Stupid girl."

Taehyun was incredibly frustrated over the time that he just wasted. He had to make up for it by finding a plan, but unfortunately his mind wasn't at its full power anymore. 'Ivy can't be the only one to outsmart people with her cards... I don't think mine can help much but I shouldn't forget that Yeonjun is up there too....
What cards does he have again? The spill card... The annoying card.. And the—'

It was like a lightbulb lit above Taehyun's head. 'I'm officially a genius if this works.'

Before joining the policemen upstairs, Taehyun rushed to Beomgyu who was still tied to his chair. He had to step over Numeral 4's body and interrupt Ivy's delusional monologue with him.

"Wait for me okay?" He leaned in and kissed his crush on the lips for a good three seconds, right in front of Ivy.

"H-H-HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!! I SHOULD'VE KILLED YOU MYSELF!"