Market- Hunter POV

Hey guys! This is my first story so enjoy I guess!

:)

It was 10:38 am and I had just come back from collecting some strange materials for Emperor Belos. They were very odd though, why was he looking for Stonesleeper lungs and Palistrom wood? I wanted to know so badly, but was afraid to ask my uncle as I walked into the throne room.

"Did you get the items I asked for?" Belos said with a somewhat angry tone.

"I did!" I said proudly. "The Stonesleeper lungs were a little tricky but–", I was interrupted as a long, dark green, goopy arm shot towards me. "My apologies. I spoke out of turn", I said before I could cause any more trouble. I just wish we could have a normal conversation.

"I don't have time to lecture you right now because I need you to gather more items for me", uncle said coldly. He gave me a list and shooed me away. I went up to my room to prepare to get everything else Belos needed.

"You can come out now flap." Flapjack, a red cardinal, my palisman, my best friend, came out and sat on my head. He started to chirp and tweet. "No, we can't right now. We have to go to the market and buy a couple of things for Belos." Flapjack was disappointed. He chirped and tweeted some more. "I know buddy, but maybe when we get back. Okay?" I said as I took off my cloak and slipped on a black sweatshirt along with a small bag that went around my shoulder to carry everything in. I stared at it. Darius had helped me make it, and it looked great! I turned over to Flapjack and he was in his nest trying to resist coming with me.

"Come on Flap", I said. "I'll buy us some fabric and make us matching sweaters if you do." That did the trick. Flapjack flew over to me and put himself into the bag so he wouldn't be seen as we went out. It still terrifies me. The thought that Belos would find Flapjack, what he would do to me. What he would do to him. Flapjack was always there for me. Through thick and thin. So was she... until uncle forbid me from seeing her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I heard one of the guards ask me as I snapped back to reality. "I just have to gather a few more things for the Emperor '', I replied while handing him the list.

"Alright, you can go". He opened the gates for me, and I left. When I was a good distance away, I told Flapjack we were safe and that he could come out now. He exited the bag and flew on top of my head. He started to chirp.

"No way!" I said in disagreement. "Griffin eggs are way better!" Flap started to tweet a million reasons why he preferred Goreberries over Griffin eggs. We teased each other and argued on the subject all the way to the market.