Hostages

The reason I didnt put a POV at the top is because its gonna switch POVS 

Sorry this took so long to come out

WILLOW POV:

I started to open my eyes and I couldn't tell where I was. It was way too dark. I suddenly remembered what had happened at Gus's house.

"Gus! Matt! Hunter!" 

I heard a voice.

"Willow? Is that you?" 

"Gus?" 

I tried to use my hands to feel where I was, I felt cold, metal bars against my hands. My glasses weren't on either. I could hear shuffling coming from a few of the other cells. I lifted my finger in the air, twirling it to make a mini magic circle. A small ball of light then appeared in my hand and I used it to observe my surroundings the best I could. 

I honestly didn't know where I was. 

"Hey Willow?" Gus asked. He seemed nervous. 

"What is it Gus?" 

"Mattholomule's not moving..." 

There was a pause. 

"I've tried waking him up multiple times but, nothing." 

This was bad. Really bad. 

HUNTERS POV:

"Please..." My voice was weak. 

"Please just let them go."

There was laughter in the distance. 

"Oh Hunter, I thought you were better than this." 

Then there were tweets.

Distressed tweets. 

Flapjack was in trouble. 

This was his worst nightmare come true. Friends in trouble. In danger. All his fault. He should have just left his problems out of his friends lives. Now Flapjack was probably going to die. 

Then suddenly, there was light. 

I was in the throne room looking up at Belos, being restrained by chains coming from the floor. I looked up at him and he was holding Flapjack in his hand. Squeezing him tight enough to hurt him, but not strong enough to break him completely. 

At this point I was sobbing. 

There's no way he would actually kill Flapjack, right? Then again, this is Emperor Belos we're talking about. I had to find a way out of this. It was his and everybody else's only hope. 

WILLOW POV: 

"I might be able to get us out by growing some vines and using them to tear off the bars of the cells." I suggested.

 Gus was in the cell across from me, holding an unconscious Matt. There was so much fear and sadness in his eyes. I could have sworn I saw a few tears fall from his face. I wasted no time in growing the vines, it took a while to get them through the thick layers of the floor but I eventually got it and tore off my bars, my vision turning green. I then removed Gus's next and we were off. He was carrying Matt on his back, and we searched everywhere for Hunter, and soon enough, we found our way into the halls of the castle. 

"If anything Hunter would be in the throne room along with Belos." I told Gus as we ran in every direction possible. "Go find a room to lay Matt down and tend to him." He nodded and we went our separate ways. I heard voices coming from the throne room and I barged in, vines flying ahead of me. They soon came to a stop though. There was a glowing red surrounding them and suddenly, they were gone.

"Nice try" 

All of a sudden, I was unable to move. 

I was violently pushed to the floor as Belos just sat there and laughed. He seemed amused by our suffering. There were quiet sobs next to me and I turn my head to see Hunter. His head is on the floor and he looked...defeated. 

I stared back up at the emperor, full of rage. He just looked at me with a calm expression, but I knew there was nothing but pure evil underneath it. I was no longer being forced down by Belos's magic, but instead by some strange red and gooey hands sprouting from underneath the carpet. 

I noticed he was holding Flapjack rather tightly, I had to figure something out. 

A few moments later, the room went dark. Next thing I knew, I was free and was able to get Flapjack out of Belos's grasp while he was distracted. I urged Hunter to get up and we were swift in our escape. 

When we made it out into the hall, I saw Gus and Matt running side-by-side. 

Gus had made the room dark so we could escape! It was an illusion! Genius! 

I pulled out clover and we rode our Palismen into the woods. 

"We don't have anywhere to go!" I whispered to Gus as we landed and slowly started walking. Hunter was still pretty shaken and I'm pretty sure everyone was. I had my arm wrapped around Hunter in a comforting yet protective way. He was silent so she would leave him be until he was ready to talk. 

"Not exactly nowhere." Matt had said, seeming kind of embarrassed. 

"Yeah! We can head to The Looking Glass Graveyard! It's somewhere near here in forearm forest. Me and Matty will lead the way!" Gus said as cheerful as possible. I could tell he was nervous. 

"Gus!" Mattholomule whispered as he nudged his friend with his elbow. His face was red from embarrassment. 

"What!? It's a cute nickname!" Gus giggled. They soon went into conversation and I turned to Hunter. 

His head was down and he was holding onto Flapjack, occasionally rubbing his thumb along his head. 

I put my head on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. He hummed softly and lightly placed his head on mine. 

"Do you...want to talk about what happened back at the castle?" 

"Not yet." 

So This took forever yeah? 🤠

sorry abt that so um school js started two days ago and the first few days were interesting 

im not gonna bore yall with my school tales so um I hope u enjoyed n sorry if it got kinda bad at the end wattpad decided to delete half my work so i had to kinda rush the escape part. 

I believe in Gus supremacy