04

Kennedy Aross
+Later on that Night

Kennedy sat in bed on FaceTime with Dominic. "Well I mean we could link again tonight if you down." He spoke.

"I am." She smiled. "Alright well...where you wanna go?" He asked. "Mm...the movies maybe. We can see the new spider man movie." She spoke.

"You into that?" He questioned. "Of course." She spoke. "Aight ,the movies it is. Imma look up some times and then imma text you back and let you know." He explained.

"Uh...okay but before we go...I was gonna tell you a while ago but I think you should know that I have a boyfriend." She explained.

"What?" He looked down into the camera with a scrunched up face.

"Yeah...but i-its complicated. I'll explain later."

••••••••••••

"That was a good movie. Did you like it?" Kennedy looked over at Dominic.

He shrugged. "I mean the plot was good and shit but ion know if it's cuz we was ik the front but...that shit was so trippy. The movie made me dizzy." He explained.

"Yeah same. I thought I was tripping. But I mean it's a animation, so it's usually like that." She shrugged as they walked out of the theater.

"Aye , I never asked you to explain....you got a nigga?" He asked looking at her. "Oh yeah...well it's a lot to explain I just...I can't just tell anyone. I gotta be able to trust you." She spoke as they reached his truck. She leaned on the truck when he stopped her from getting inside of the car.

"You can trust me. You know you can. And you do trust me even if you don't wanna admit it. You trusted me enough to leave with me after you knew me for like 45 minutes. It takes a lot of trust." He nodded his head as he licked his lips.

He was right. She did trust this man lots.

"Okay well...me and my...my boyfriend..we've been together since like my freshman year of high school. Everything was cool the first couple years , but eventually I started to realize he was cheating on me. There was always girls showing up to my parents house to fight me and what not. Not to mention he was also involved in gang activity so I finally broke up with him when the police had raided my parents house looking for him. Well he didn't really LET me leave. I had seen him hurt people before and rob people. So no part of me doubted anything he said. Of he said he'd hurt me , I believed him."

"When i first tried to break up with him , after I had gotten shit by someone looking for him.....I remember he called me one night and asked me to come out of the house. He was outside and he just wanted to talk I guess. I seen him constantly driving by and when I said I wouldn't, he threatened to shoot up my parents house. So I came out. He always did crazy shit like this when I try to leave. I only actually get away when he's in jail but it never lasts long." She explained.

He nodded. "And if you don't wanna still talk to me it's fine. Im not trying to put you in harms w-" he cut her off. "No. No I understand. Reminds me of my mother's relationship with my father when I was growing up. I know how hard it is to leave and I'm sorry. Imma do everything I can to help you. You ever need something, just let me know." He slipped his hands on her waist.

She nodded with a smile. "of course. Thank you." She smiled placing a hand on the back of his neck.

He leaned down and kissed her lips.

She smiled against his lips before he pulled away. He opened the car door allowing her in.

She climbed in and he shut the door behind her before walking to his side of the car and hopping in.

"Wait so this nigga in a gang or sum?" He asked. "Yeah." She mumbled. "He ever put his hands on you?" He questioned.

She shrugged. "A couple times. But it wasn't like he was just beating me. It was more of a fight. He's even stabbed me once." She spoke.

"What? How come he ain't in jail?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Because I stabbed him back and his lawyer made it seem like I stabbed him first and he was defending himself. I actually went to jail."