017

Kennedy Aross

Kennedy Aross

family ate dinner at the table in the backyard as they all talked and laughed. "So how did you two meet?" Lynns sister Lisa asked.

Dominic dropped his fork and the cleared his throat as Kennedy scratched the back of her head.

She looked at Dominic and he glanced at her. "well..?"

"We met at a club." He spoke. "Oh okay. I met my husband at a strip clu-" she was cut off. "Lisa I done told you. Keep that between me and you." Marvin mugged.

She threw her hands up as they laughed. "you look familiar." The darkskin spoke. Kennedy looked up and realized he was talking to her.

She shrugged. "I don't think I've ever seen you before." She mumbled.

"Nah....ain't you Sean girl?" He asked. She glanced at Dominic then back at Kj. "no...not anymore." She mumbled.

"Well no shit, he's dead. But you was with the nigga before he died. You was dating him when he died. If he just died like not even 4 months ago how you and Dominic about to make 6 months?" He asked and the table went silent.

She shrugged. She didn't know what to say. Luckily she didn't have to say anything.

"They weren't together. The situation was complicated." Dominic spoke up. "explain?" Kjs girlfriend Elizabeth spoke.

"No. It's not something I'm ready to talk about." She explained. "Wait a minute Kennedy, you cheated on my son?" Lynn asked.

"No not exactly.." she dropped her fork.

"Kennedy you don't gotta explain yourself. I knew about Sean and I know it all sound bad but it's just a lot of explain. Just drop it kj." Dominic explained.

Kj threw his hands up. "Coo. But Sean was my homeboy. That man was getting ready to propose to you before he died." He shook his head.

Kennedy sighed. "But you was cheating on him." He shrugged. "kalvin." His father mugged him and the man fell silent.

"Well...."

"Kennedy do you want kids?" She asked. "Um... eventually. Not right now though." She explained.

"Why not? You know you aren't getting any younger!" She spoke. "Well...I...I want to be married before I have kids." She explained.

"I see. Marriage." She eyed Dominic before nodding. "wasn't you pregnant by Sean tho?" Elizabeth questioned.

"I-i well I lost the baby and that was years ago." She explained. "you wasn't married to him tho."

"Alright that's enough. Who is this Sean and I wanna know everything about him." Jessica spoke up and Lisa agreed.

"No that's none of our business." Lynn argued. "Hush Lynn . Not now."

She sighed dropping her fork.

"Well it was an accident. I didn't intentionally get pregnant." She explained. "Sean told me y'all planned it." Kj explained.

"But WE didn't. HE did."

"I have to use the bathroom." She stood up and walked off. She found a restroom and only stood there for a long while.

Soon she came back out and out to the backyard where she found her boyfriend gathering his and her things.

"Please Dominic."

"No mama. I'm sorry. Ian arguing with a lil ass boy no more." He shook his head. "I love you ma." He kissed her cheek. "love you too." She sighed.

"What are you doing?" Kennedy asked. "we Gon call it a night." He explained.

"Oh okay...bye. Nice meeting you all." Kennedy said goodbye before the two headed out.

•••••••••••

"Its okay Dominic. Stop apologizing." She explained. He sighed. "I never knew you was pregnant by him." He spoke.

"Only once and I was only like 6 weeks when I lost the baby." She shrugged. "You high risk or sum?" He asked.

She shook her head no. "no he was just heavy on drugs at that time and he'd get angry a lot." She explained. He nodded understanding where she was going with this. "Well is you good to stay by yaself? Imma go home tonight. I got work in the morning.

"Yeah I'm fine." She nodded. "Okay baby." He sighed. He walked over to the fridge and grabbed the plate she had packed for him.

"Put it in a bag." She told him. She grabbed a bag and sat the plate in there.

She tied the bag as he kissed her cheek. "I love you." She kissed his lips. "Love you too." He mumbled before wrapping an arm around her waist.

FallingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara