019

Kennedy Aross+1 month

Kennedy Aross
+1 month

"I can't believe you went that long unnoticed. You 3 months Kennedy." Dominic looked down at the ultrasound photos of his child while she laid on his chest.

"I knew. I didn't want to believe it." She sighed. He sighed placing the photos on his nightstand.

He wrapped his arms around her. "I wanna tell my parents. I wish I could but they won't talk to me right now. I've even apologized." She sighed.

"They'll get over it. I know they ain't gon ignore you forever, so you'll get to tell em before ya nine months up." He explained.

"Don't even trip bout it." He spoke. Soon there was a knock at the door and Kennedy sat up.

"My food....I told him not to knock..." She grumbled as she stood up. Dominic stood up as well and followed her downstairs.

She opened the door with her phone in hand. "hi." She spoke seeing a lady instead. The lady stood next to a little girl with brown curly hair.

"Hey is Dominic here?" She asked. She held an envelope. "yeah... Dominic." She turned around.

She stepped aside so he could see who it was and he looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"The test results came back." The brownskinned older lady waved the envelope as she walked In the house with the little girl.

"Geneva I thought I told you don't show up without letting me know first." He spoke. "yeah well I texted you last night that I'd come and you never responded. So I texted you this morning and you didn't respond." She explained.

Kennedy stood there looking back and forth between the two with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't see it..."

Dominic finally looked at Kennedy who held her arms crossed as she stared at the lady.

She then looked at Mahzi. "Geneva this is my girlfriend Kennedy." He introduced her.

"Kennedy this is Geneva." He explained. The brownskinned girl only glanced at Kennedy then back at Dominic.

Kennedy only rolled her eyes at the girl.

"So why is she here?" She spoke up. "Excuse me?" Geneva spoke. "ain't no excuse me. I s-" Kennedy was cut off by Dominic.

"Kennedy please don't do that right now. Imma explain everything to you. Just listen." He spoke.

"So me and Geneva were in a relationship some years ago and I found out recently that she had a kid right after we broke up. She told me the kid might be mine so we got a DNA test. That's why she's over here. To go over the results with me." He explained.

"Oh." She spoke. He knew she was upset but she masked it well.

Well not very well but she knew better than to argue with Dominic in front of people.

She held up the envelope as the little girl walked over to Dominic. She hugged his leg causing him to smile.

"Wassup." He smiled lifting her up. "hi." Her small voice spoke.

Her mother walked next to Dominic and she opened the envelope.

She opened the envelope and scanned through the first words.

She ran her finger across the paper until it reached the bottom.

"99.99 percent. You are the father." She pointed then glanced at Dominic.

He nodded with a sigh.

"Im sorry. I apologize for not being apart of her first few years of life. I didn't know...you never said anything." He explained.

"Yeah I know...it's okay Dominic. Your here now." She smiled at him.

He looked at her then back at Macy who wore a backpack.

"When can I spend time with her?" He asked. "She can actually stay with you now. I got errands to run." She explained.

"I'll be back around 7 or 8." She explained. "you sure?" He asked.

Kennedy stood to the side , mad out of her mind. She was convinced her ears were smoking right now.

Just when she was convinced she found the perfect man , he has a kid. Now she couldn't just leave him. She was pregnant now and she wouldn't be completely out of his life.

She stood to the side cuffing her wrist , something she always did when she was angry. She stared ahead with no expression on her face.

"Yes. Macy you wanna stay with daddy for a while?" She asked. The little girl nodded.

"Bye. Mommy loves you." She placed her hand on Dominic's chest as she leaned over to kiss Macy's cheek.

Kennedy stood there staring ahead.

Geneva looked Kennedys way before walking to the door. Dominic went to lock the door and when he turned around Kennedy was gone.

"What you wanna do?" He looked down at his daughter. She spoke. "Ice cream. Lets get ice cream and watch paw patrol." She explained.

"Okay." He chuckled as he headed upstairs. He reached his room where Kennedy was on the phone and slipping her red true religion jacket on.

"I'm saying like...who the fuck do you think you are , you bird ass bitch." She fussed on the phone as she slipped her ugg fluff yeah slides on.

"Where you going Kennedy?" He asked. "I'm on the phone." She glared at him before snatching her phone charger up.

"Yeah girl where do you wanna go?" She asked as she attempted to walk past Dominic. He grabbed her wrist and she mugged him.

"Let me go." She snatched her arm away before heading downstairs. He shouted her name as he followed.

She ignored him as she walked out to her car.