038

Kennedy Aross
+3 weeks

"I think so...does ya head hurt?" Kennedy asked her son. He shook his head no. His freshly braided hair was slicked nicely.

"Your so handsome, my sweet boy." She smiled kissing his cheek.

"Mommy...I have to tell you something." He looked down. "what is it?" She smiled. Today her son was 4 years old.

"Umm..." He spoke as Dominic walked into the living room and sat down on Kennedys couch.

"Um...it's baby in there. I heard her." He pointed to Kennedy stomach and Dominic laughed at the fear in her eyes.

"No-no Symere. It's not baby in here. You can't hear a baby.." she spoke. "But I heard her."

"Her was mad. She sounded like a truck." He spoke. "boy. I had to fart." She mushed his forehead.

"Why you looking like that? I hope my daughter is in there." He placed a hand on her stomach and she pinched him.

The door Bell rang and Symere ran to the door. The two stood up. Dominic answered the door.

In walked Thomas and Rebecca. "Hey." Dominic nodded his head. "Hi." Rebecca smiled.

"Why is this man here?" Thomas sighed. "You too old to be hating like this." Dominic chuckled as the two dapped each other up.

Kennedy walked in the room. Rebecca scooped Symere up and kissed all over his smiling face.

"Well happy birthday grand boy. Look at you. Looking just like yo ugly ass daddy." Thomas smiled in symeres face as dominic mugged.

They all walked to the kitchen. "What are y'all gonna do for his birthday?" Rebecca asked.

"He wants to go to Dave and busters but I seen this little dinosaur museum and I think we should go there instead." She explained since her son LOVED animals. Especially gorillas and dinosaurs.

"I wanna see the dinosaurs." He spoke. "okay." She spoke.

"Well are we invited?" Thomas asked. "Naw n-" Kennedy cut Dominic off. "Yeah you can come." Kennedy spoke. "I was hoping y'all did." She spoke.

"Grandma grandpa.....um....it's a baby in mommy's tummy." He pointed.

"Boy." Kennedy mugged. "what?"

"Is this true?"

Dominic chuckled. "no. I am not pregnant. He keeps saying that and I'm bout to whoop him for that. Stop saying that symere." She spoke.

He smacked his lips. "no Kennedy. You should take a pregnancy test. Kids know. Kids know." She nodded.

"No because I know what I've done and I haven't gotten pregnant." She shook her head as Dominic stared at her.

"What?" She mugged when it fell silent. "I pray for you Kennedy. So who would the father be? Is it some wealthy white m-" she cut her father off.

"No... because I'm not pregnant."

"And why would it be a white man? Do you know yo daughter?" Dominic mugged.

"I know her more than you nigga." Thomas spat. "I bet you don't kn-" Kennedy spoke.

"Can y'all stop?"

•••••••••••••

"I think you might be pregnant ma. Just take the test. It ain't nun. We can be a lil family again." He smiled.

She shook her head. "I don't wanna think about that right now." She told Dominic lowly before she snapped a picture of her son smiling up at the dinosaur bones.

Her parents interacted with him as Kennedy stood to the side with Dominic.

"Aye Dominic! How much you say it was for that new ipad , my grandbaby want." Thomas spoke.

"It's up there. Probably 12 hundred dollars or something like that." Dominic explained. "don't worry about it. Imma get it for him." Dominic shook his head.

"You think imma let you out do me?" Thomas crossed his arms. "I am his father. Ain't no outdoing me." Dominic spoke.

"Kennedy TOLD you your the father. I still got hope that your not." Thomas shook his head. "Suck my dick." Thomas spoke.

"Nigga fuck you."

Kennedy could never tell if they were actually arguing or joking. They always talked like this , it was kinda weird because she thought it was disrespectful on Dominic's end but then she realized that they were friends before Kennedy and this was nothing new.

Dominic held Kennedys hand as they walked through the museum.

She soon pulled away and answered her phone call from Zara.

"Hey." Kennedy spoke. "Um..where is my nephew?" She spoke.