Last Chapter of Book 1

COLTIER

"You can't deny the fact that I'm your fiance, Colt. You can't change that. You know you can't do anything to stop our wedding. One month from now Granny will announce it to the whole world. Everyone will know about our engagement." Kassandra exclaimed. "Dapat nga ngayon yun. Nakakainis bakit kasi nagbago pa ang isip ni Granny? Palibhasa mas paborito ang kapatid mong si Calvin kaya mas uunahin niyang iannounce ang pag take over nito sa engineering department after graduation."

"I didn't agree to this wedding. Magulang natin ang nagplano nito, bakit di sila ang magpakasal kung gusto nilang mag merge ang mga kumpanya nila?"

"It's not their company. It's our company. You are the heir of the Rolierstone Legacy. I worked in the company to know every transaction in your family business. Do you think I am just wasting my time in your company? No. I'm doing everything that I can so Granny will not be disappointed in me."

"I'm sorry but I don't care, Kassandra. We did not know each other. You only knew me by name."

"Well, you're wrong. Marami akong alam tungkol sa yo."

Di ako nakapagsalita. Of course, she knew about me. What the hell do I care about her? I didn't like her. I didn't even want to spend time with her. Fuck it.

"I thought you liked me, what happened? Is it because of her?"

"Don't waste your time on a jerk like me, Kassandra. You're not even my type. I clear myself to you the first time we met. This wedding will not happen. I already talked to my Dad, he'll talk with your parents, and there's nothing between us. So go live your life, I'm not going to beg you to invest in our company. We can work with it."

She slapped me. "Wag mong subukang ipatigil ang kasal nating dalawa. It's going to happen, you will marry me! You will be mine. You will be my husband."

"I already did that. It's off. We're done."

"You know I will not let it happen. I won't make you happy with her. I'll ruin you and that crazy woman. She steals you from me!"

"She didn't steal anyone. I love her with all of my heart, Kassandra. Ruining her it feels like you're ruining me too."

"No!"

"I'm sorry, Kassandra. Wake up, this is not you, you're better than this. You're a smart woman. Don't make this thing between us the reason for you becoming evil. Accept the fact that we're not meant to be. We're over."

"I'm not going to make that happen. You're mine. Only mine."

She walked out. Hinayaan ko siyang makaalis ng opisina ko. Dapat nasa labas na ako kasama si Ariel, pero di pa rin ako lumalabas hanggang ngayon dahil hindi ko alam kung papaano ko sisimulan ang surprise ko kay Ariel. Di naman ako ganito. Malakas ang loob ko. Matapang ako. Mayabang ako. Pero pagdating talaga sa kaniya tumitiklop ako. Damn it.

May sugat pa ako sa gilid ng labi ko. Nasuntok ako ng kapatid ko noong sabihin ko sa kanila ang totoo. Na nililigawan ko ang ex-girlfriend niya. Pati si Granny nagulat pero kalaunan ay mukhang natuwa pa siyang magiging apo niya rin si Ariel nang dahil sa akin. Ang bilis nga niyang ni-cancel ang wedding namin ni Kassandra. Nag offer pa na kung pwede e si Calvin na lang ang ikasal kay Kassandra.

"Bakit kuya? Bakit inagaw mo sa akin si Ariel?" naaalala ko pang tanong sa akin ng kapatid ko pagkatapos niya akong suntukin sa mukha.

"I don't know."

"Di pwedeng hindi mo alam. There must be a fucking reason bro!"

"Something happened between us. We had sex."