Glimpse 11; A Little Careless

Haoyu found himself digging through the pile of sealed boxes in the storage room of his home that same night, old clothes, books, and even home decorations were scattered all over the floor behind him. The clock of was ticking, showing the current time of 3 a.m. as the first story of the house was echoing with clatters and thuds. The many years of not laying hands on the storage room caused him to forget every continent of each box, he had to cut open and dig through them one by one, which he had been doing for the past 2 hours. And for 2 hours, Haoyu felt the air in the dusty room thinning, like it was slowly filling up with water and drowning him alive.

His mind turned clearer when he opened the box he sought, his dark grey eyes fell on a stack of newspapers dating back to 1989. In the dim room, Haoyu untied the straps binding the papers and went through each page. He looked at every picture, he shuddered when his eyes spotted a picture from an article titled 'Members of Alaska Archaic Expedition Missing'. Seeing that title alone made cold sweat run down the side of his face, he clenched his fists as his eyes stared at the picture of a man on the old newspaper.

"Zhu Donghe..." Haoyu's fingertips scrunched the paper his eyes were glued onto, then recalled the face of the man he saw in the memories of his shop table. "There's no doubt about it,"

***

Haoyu yawned as he walked towards his black old-school SUV parked outside of the college campus, wearing a white turtleneck under a dark blue cardigan. He was about to unlock his car with the key when his LG VX-6000 started ringing from his pocket, he reached for it and saw an unsaved number on the screen. Yet he paused before he could answer the call, through the reflection of his car's side-view mirror, he saw a familiar face, Yang Ningxiu.

"Hello?" Haoyu calmly and casually answered the phone call.

"Where are you at right now? I need to talk to you," Mr. Liu was at the other end of the call, calling from his office with papers on his desk. Wufei, who was sitting ten feet away glanced to his superior's direction with curious eyes.

"Just tell me now, I can't meet you today." Haoyu leaned his back against his car, his eyes observing the suspect a distance away. Yang Ningxiu was at the café across the street, having a French salad and coffee.

"I went to confiscate Yang Ningxiu's computer and had someone go through it, as well as her credit card records." Mr. Liu said as he raised the papers on his desk to hold in his hand, "There were definitely search histories and the purchase receipt at a hardware store that we can use as evidence, she bought a blue tarp that was used to cover her body."

"Speaking of that blue tarp, I haven't gone through it yet. So, I might give you an update sometime tonight." Haoyu said, "But why don't you take Yang Ningxiu in for questioning? Those evidence might be able to get something out of her,"

"You think so?"

"Of course, since her body language tells me she's feeling awfully anxious." A slight smirk surfaced on Haoyu's face, his grey eyes watching the suspect fidgeting on her seat.

That night, Haoyu sat down on his couch to continue resuming his inspection with the crime scene items. He puts on rubber gloves and removed the lid to container of the blue tarp, stained with dry blood and dirt.

"It smells awful,"

"Remind me why you're here again?" Haoyu couldn't be surprised whenever Zhiming appears in his home unannounced anymore due to the many times the masked teenager has done it.

"I'm curious, I wish to see how you are when you're actively utilizing your vision." Zhiming stood at the corner of the room with his hands crossed, staring. Haoyu sighed and decided to start focusing, he reached his hand into the container to touch his palm on the blue tarp. Within seconds, his grey eyes shifted into silver as it glowed a platinum light.