Glimpse 14; Celebrity Secrets

"Your parents' case...?" Mr. Liu was caught off guard, "Why so suddenly...?" something about his facial expression and tone of voice showed clear reluctance, which made Haoyu discouraged.

"Sorry, I just said something that came up in my head." Haoyu forced a smile on his face, masking his disappointment. "What I meant to say was, do you know anything more about Zhu Wufei? Something I should be aware of?"

"Wufei's no less smart and calculating as you, his team often handles cases just as difficult as mine." Mr. Liu replied, "He goes everywhere with his partner often, Jin Chengxi."

"Jin Chengxi?" Haoyu had only just heard of that name, despite being aware of Wufei.

"He's not someone you can mess with either, he's a really good fighter and his shooting skills are no joke either." Mr. Liu continued, "They've done some pretty good things together, and I doubt Chengxi would be stopping Wufei from pursuing his interest in you. In fact, I'm sure he'll support him."

"Is that so?"

"Chengxi believes deeply in Wufei's intuition, and that kid's hardly ever wrong." Mr. Liu nodded as he folded his arms in front of his chest, "Just be really careful if you want to keep your identity a secret from him, outsmarting Wufei has been proven to be difficult."

"I understand," Haoyu smiled.

"Honestly, I doubt he doesn't have any suspicion and substantiation pointing at Haoyu by now..." Mr. Liu thought, knowing well of the prodigy detective from the years they've been in the same office.

"By the way, I assume you have something for me to look into?" Haoyu had been expecting something from the detective's rare arrival to his shop.

"Right," Mr. Liu sat up, appearing ready to start a serious explanation. "Those songs you're listening to, do you know who the artist is?"

"Gong Meichang, if I'm not wrong?" Haoyu tilted his head.

"That's right. Well known singer and actress, Gong Meichang. She's 32 years old and has worked under YAQ Entertainment Agency for 10 years, with Xiong Bolin as her manager. Famous for her 1920s dramas and her amazing vocals, often given original soundtracks to sing. Has won many notable music awards including the Best Soundtrack of The Year Award earned 4 years ago."

"Sir, if you're here to jabber about her, I'm not interested..." The interest on Haoyu's face was gone that instant, leaving him with a tired facial expression.

"I'm not here to jabber," Mr. Liu groaned in protest of Haoyu's assumption, "Did you know that Gong Meichang was found murdered in her own home this morning?"

"This morning?" Haoyu watched as Mr. Liu reached into his bag and took out a small paper folder, opening it in front of Haoyu to show him the printed crime scene pictures. "Yikes..."

"She was found stabbed in a total of 45 times covering her chest, back, arms, and legs, fracturing her ribs and even her fibula in the process before she was ultimately killed by strangulation." Mr. Liu explained as he pointed to the bruises left on the victim's neck.

"I guess someone was really angry..."

"That's what I thought, it's an obvious crime of passion, someone certainly wanted her dead." Mr. Liu sighed as he closed the folder, "There's a slim possibility of whoever did this is a female, judging by the amount of strength used to make those wounds."

"It could've been a possessive fan, she did get married recently, didn't she?" Haoyu folded his arms in front of his chest.

"She did, yeah..." Mr. Liu put the folder back inside his bag, "I got her autopsy results just a few hours ago, and I came here right away."