Glimpse 10; The Prodigy Detective

"I do," Haoyu was awfully composed, "I'll go check, it could be my friend pulling my leg." He nonchalantly walked to go upstairs, but Mr. Liu stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"It could be an armed intruder, let me go first." He told him, "How is he so calm? He could've gone up there and got killed," he thought in utter confusion.

"I don't think it's an intruder though," Haoyu said coolly, "First of all, there's still sunlight. Second, I'm sure they're aware I'm downstairs and heard the thud they caused; I doubt they didn't see my shop open when they came in. They would've been gone by now if their sole purpose is to take valuables, out where they came in or something. Or, they would've rushed downstairs to get it over with if his sole purpose is to hurt me, since they probably snuck in to do it quietly but I've become aware of a stranger's presence." He explained calmly, which took the police detective by surprise.

"It's only been a minute since that thud, that thought process came in during that short time?? Are you serious?" Mr. Liu was frozen, taking a moment to process what Haoyu just said.

"Can I go now...? He could've gone off out the window with my couch if you're going to keep me here any longer," Haoyu lightly tugged on his arm, asking the detective to let him go.

"Still, I'll go before you." Mr. Liu pulled Haoyu behind him and he walked up the stairs, Haoyu just sighed as he followed the police detective walk upstairs.

There was nobody on the second floor, no signs of a break-in and nothing stolen, there were no changes other than two books laying on the hardwood floor. They were near a dark corner of his living room, where a shadow was casted and Haoyu laid his eyes on it only for a few seconds before looking away.

"You're lucky today, please be more alert and take things more seriously." Mr. Liu lectured Haoyu as he walked out of the shop.

"Did I not take things seriously?" Haoyu tilted his head to one side, which made Mr. Liu clench his teeth. They both know Haoyu had thought about the situation thoroughly, only his utter calm-and-collectedness confused the police detective.

"You could've been in danger, you moron." Mr. Liu sighed heavily, "I'll get going now,"

"Yup, have a safe drive, sir." Haoyu waved; his hand dropped when the police detective's car drove out of sight.

Haoyu turned to enter his shop, closing it and turning off the lights before walking up to the second floor. Calmly and without opening his mouth, his steps were the only noise filling the silence. He stopped when he reached his living room, turning to the shadow-casted corner of the room after putting down the small container on his coffee table.

"I didn't know you were clumsy..." Haoyu said before turning to rearrange his books back on the shelf.

The squeaking of his kick pottery wheel, the sound of water, and wet clay being shaped into a vase. Haoyu's hands were covered in clay, wet but his sleeves clean because it was rolled up to his elbows. His dark eyes looking down on the clay his hands were shaping, his right feet occasionally kicking the wheel to keep it spinning while his hand reached for a small amount of water from the bowl sitting on a chair near him.

"You're doing it wrong, Yu." Haoyu was emerged into the memories of his past once again, his father sitting next to him behind a second kick pottery wheel, reaching to hold his hands and direct his son to do better. "You do it more gently, too rough will ruin it like yesterday."

"Whoa, you're right, dad!" Haoyu's 5-year-old self was captivated, genuinely amazed by his father's skills and knowledge in that form of art.

"There you go, atta boy, Haoyu~" Haoyu remembered his father's hands, that were much bigger than his at the time, covered in the clay but reached to hold his hands anyways.