Glimpse 15; Dizzy

The next afternoon, Wufei and Chengxi were in their car parked outside a high-rise apartment. It was one of luxury, home to some of the most well-known celebrities in the country.

"Why are we here again?" Chengxi seemed confused.

"Waiting for a sponsor," Wufei emptied his drink, then stepped out of the car to throw the cup into a nearby trash can.

"I thought you told me we're going to investigate the drug distribution situation?"

"I did, but we got someone to pursuit beforehand." Wufei turned to the opened front passenger seat door with a smile, "I did some digging ever since I got access to the case notes, and there's suspicion that Gong Meichang has been engaging in sexual activities with her sponsor, Yamasaki Daiki."

"Yikes..." Chengxi cringed.

"There he is," Wufei spotted a middle-aged man leave the apartment complex, Yamasaki Daiki's eyes widened from seeing Wufei standing next to a police car, Daiki quickly got in a car and started speeding away. "He's darting! We're gonna lose him!" Wufei jumped back into his seat.

"Not on my watch," Chengxi started the car, then he stomped on the gas as the car lights blared together with its sirens. The explosion of the police car's speed startled most of the witnesses, their jaw dropped when the car fluently made a sharp turn in chase of the sponsor's vehicle.

"Look at how fast he's speeding, there has to be something he desperately wants to hide." Wufei saw how fast Daiki's vehicle was going, "Showing up out of nowhere and acting like I know things really does something, huh?" It was a scheme Wufei uses often to make his target lose their cool.

"Is it in your list of '100 Ways to Outsmart People' too?"

"Of course, it is! You should read it sometime~" Wufei and Chengxi was somehow having a casual discussion during the high-speed pursuit, it was Chengxi's professional-level driving skills that made the atmosphere in the car relaxed. Chengxi was drifting to make tight turns, doing it without losing speed and was slowly catching up with the fleeing suspect. "Stop your vehicle!" Wufei spoke out with a megaphone through his window.

"I don't think he has any intentions of stopping,"

"Fine, just do a PIT Manoeuvre."

"Roger," Wufei was turning off his megaphone when he was pushed against the car door on his side, abruptly and with force enough to hit his head from the speed the car was in when it made a sharp turn. Using a pursuit intervention technique, Chengxi cornered the suspect's vehicle to a forced stop.

"I forgot to wear my helmet, ow..." Wufei jumped out of the car with a light bruise on the left side of his forehead, but marched to Daiki's car with his gun out. "Step out of the vehicle and put your hands in the air! Now!"

"Don't resist!" Chengxi accompanied Wufei, and the two finally made the arrest.

"Were you sexually involved with Gong Meichang?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Yamasaki Daiki was in an interrogation room just two hours later, facing Wufei and Chengxi. "Do you know who I am? You're going to be in serious trouble for wasting my time," he wasn't hiding the fact that he was annoyed.

"Sure, talk to my superiors about it." Wufei flipped through the copy of case notes, unfazed by Daiki's passive-aggressive threat. "Did you know that Gong Meichang's very own manager is her murderer?"

"For real??" Wufei seemed to have finally piqued the sponsor's interest.

"Apparently, Xiong Bolin also said about something along the lines of you seeing Gong Meichang in the past few years, engaging in sexual activity with her." Wufei closed his notes, "Nasty, ain't it? A sponsor and his patron, what a gross thing to be asking back in exchange."