Chapter 5: Amy

I had to admit that after the first few minutes, when I adjusted to the bumpy ride and fast speeds, I found it was quite exhilarating riding on Cheetor's back!

"This is so much fun!" I exclaimed, loving the wind tossing my straight black hair and loving that the forest floor was flying beneath us at record breaking speeds.

While it might have been just me, I was pretty sure I heard Cheetor chuckle.

In any event, all too soon the ride was coming to a close. Cheetor slowed down as a village came into view on the side of a hill.

He paused and let me slide down from his back.

"That was so fun! Thank you!'' I gave him a quick hug around the neck. While at first, he seemed surprised, Cheetor then rubbed his cold metal nose against my cheek making me giggle. "You're welcome, human."

Turning away from him, I watched as some children in bright garments played in the tall grass. I saw Optimus Primal walk down to an older gentleman wearing a headdress of sorts. I had a feeling he was the leader of this group.

The two conferred, then Primal nodded me over.

I approached somewhat timidly around strangers. "Hello," I waved shyly at the leader.

"Atzu has agreed for you to stay with his tribe until we can get you back to your home," Optimus Prime explained.

I looked greatly full at the older man, "Thank you!"

He smiled, inkling his head and speaking in another foreign sounding language.

"I only speak English," I said with a shrug.

The man nodded and then gestured to a young girl who looked to be around my age. "Mria!" She looked up from where she was playing with the others. Seeing he wanted her, she ran over to the man.

He gestured at me, and I assumed he was telling the girl in their language that I was going to be staying with them for a short while.

The brown-haired girl nodded. Then she turned to me and beamed. She took my hand in her own and shook it in greeting, grinning brightly. She went to tug over to where the other children were.

But I pulled my hand free when I saw Optimus Primal turning away with the other Maximals. "Where are you going?" I asked him, not wishing to be left alone.

"We must move the Transwarp Key to a safer spot," the ape explained gravely. "It has great power and must not fall into the wrong hands."

I nodded, wishing I understood what he meant and knowing it was not the time for questions. "Be safe," I told him as Mrai came up and began to drag me away.

"You as well, young one," Optimus Primal turned and ran into the forest, followed by Cheetor and Rhino.

I allowed Mrai to pull me into some sort of a game the others were playing with a ball. As much as I wondered who these people were, I would have to wait until the Maximals got back to get answers to my questions.