Chapter 29: Amy

I watched as the Autobots and Maximals planned their strategy. Once again the same thought went through my mind-would we make it out alive? Would Ray, Alex and I ever make it home?

    Now in front of me Primal and Prime were talking together-for once, united as a team-no more bitterness, no more division.

    Alex went to join Elena-Mirage and would lead them to the bridge alongside Ray and Noah.

    I chewed my lip worriedly-wishing to say something-hating the worried feeling in my gut.

Finally I gave in and ran forwards toward my brother. "Alex!"

    He turned and looked at me. "Yes?"

    "Look, I-" Grabbing my brother's shoulders I shook them. "You stay safe, okay?" tears filled my eyes and my voice came out in a whisper. "You're my only brother."

    "I'll be coming back," Leaning forward, Alex hugged me, patting my back. "Don't worry sis, we got this."

    Stepping back I wiped my tears and smiled at him, "yes, you do."

    He patted me on the shoulder and then began to walk towards Mirage.

    "I'll take care of him," Elena said softly to me.

    I smiled at her gratefully. "Thank you, I appreciate that." she nodded and hastily took after my brother.

    Now I turned and walked over to a familiar yellow spotted metal cat waiting nearby for the leaders to finish discussing.

    "Cheetor," I hesitated as he looked at me. "Look, I....I want to come with you. I want to help fight-the others, they are helping and I want to as well."

    "It is dangerous on the battlefield," Primal spoke up from behind me, startling me. I had not realized he heard my request.

    "They won't hurt me," I turned to him and Optimus. "Unicron needs Alex, Ray and I-Scourge won't dare let any of us die."

    Primal frowned, looking at Optimus who shook his head. "Primal is right. I did not wish to allow any of the other humans to go-but we had need of their services."

Now I felt hurt as I replied in a quiet voice, "but you have no need of mine?"

"I am sorry," Primal looked at me sympathetically, his green optics blinking once.

"Please understand-it is for your own safety

"Please understand-it is for your own safety." He and Optimus turned away.

I bit my lip again, this time trying to hold back tears. Cheetor passed by me, glancing back before he joined the others. "I'm sorry Amy."

It was with a heavy heart that I watched the autobots and my friends leave-without me. Why couldn't I go? I needed to help-to do something. Ray insisted that Noah let her come; she had her necklace-Alex had his computer skills. Why couldn't I help?