Chapter 8: Ray

I ducked backwards under the platform, but it was too late.

Optimus Prime reached for me with his hand and managed to grab my leg.

He pulled me out of my hiding spot and held me by my left leg, upside down up in front of him.

"Arcee?" He growled.

At once she pulled up a scanner and scanned me. Frowning, she looked at the Prime. "I can't pull anything up-the database is empty."

"How is that possible?" Optimus frowned.

Cause I'm not from around here. I realized. Then my forehead began to throb. "Um, do you mind flipping me right-side up?" I spoke up. "All the blood is rushing to my head."

The world was a blur and I felt dizzy as Optimus turned me over. Now held me right-side up, tightly in his hand at his eye level. "Who are you?"

"Easy Optimus Prime, loosen your grip a little" I rolled my eyes. "A tiny human like me is no threat to a large guy like you."

"You know my name?" The Prime loosened his grip but only slightly.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Just like I know that's Bumblebee who lost his voice box in an attack from a Decepticon, and that's Arcee and that's Mirage."

All the Cybertronians' jaws dropped, except for Mirage who was openly grinning. "She's smart," he put in. "I like her."

"She knows about us," Arcee said in a shocked voice.

Mirage laughed. "That's why I brought her along," he grinned at me. "How'd you like that police chase?"

"I would have liked it better if I had not been locked in the trunk," I snapped, glaring daggers at him.

"You brought this human too?" Now Optimus was furious at the smaller autobot.

Mirage shrugged and folded his metal arms. "Well I figured you might want to talk to her seeing as she knew who I was even when I was in my alt mode—maybe she can help us even."

"Help you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we are trying to find a Transwarp key and stop Scourge from allowing Unicron to eat this world," Mirage explained offhandedly. "And we also want to be able to bring our home back."

"I can't help you!" I groaned, remembering Amy and Alex. "I have to find my friends-they are missing and one of them might be in danger."

"Well, they will all be in danger if Unicron eats this planet," Mirage pointed out with a grin. Then seeing nobody appreciated his joke he threw his metal hands up. "Tough crowd tonight."

Abruptly there was a loud crash.

Everyone turned to see Noah fall to the ground, pieces of metal crashing around him. Evidently, he'd been trying to escape but had misstopped and knocked one of the unstable platforms over.

He picked himself up off the ground with a groan.

"What about Noah?" Mirage suggested. "We need someone small to sneak into the lab, why not him?"

"Him?" Optimus repeated.

"You say that like it's weird," Mirage shook his head with a smile. "You know what's weird? Marky Mark is leaving the Funky Bunch."

"Did you say 'Me?'" Noah's eyes shot open.

"No," Optimus Prime responded instantly. "We should not be relying on a human."

Bumblebee beeped, switching between radio beeps "They are...our friends."

"Bee, I know one of them was nice to you, but not all of them are the same," Optimus told the young autobot.

"You can't handle the truth!" Bumblebee now took a recording from a spy movie.

Optimus glared sternly at him, "I don't want you going to that drive-in theater anymore."

The prime frowned at Noah. "He is not helping us."

"I agree with Big Man," Noah said, backing up towards the exit.

"Hold on," Mirage pulled away from us and up to Noah. I watched as they had a discussion privately. At first Noah shook his head then he finally nodded ever so slightly.

"Woohoo!" Mirage exclaimed, returning to us. "He's in." he smirked at me. "Are you?"

"Look, I need to get to my friend Alex, he's at a lab in Ellis Island," I explained, feeling pulled in both directions. I really wanted to help them but helping my friends came first-after all, they were my friends. "That's why I came here. As much as I want to help, I don't have ti-"

"Wait, that's the same lab we're going to!" Mirage exclaimed. "You're going to a lab on Ellis Island and the lab where the Transwarp signal is giving way is on Ellis Island!"

My eyes widened and I stared at him. "Are you sure?"

"Heck, there's only one lab on Ellis Island," Mirage grinned. "You come with us, help Noah get the key and then you get a free ride there to find your friend!"

"Mirage..." Optimus began, frowning. "She-"

"I'll do it," I nodded resolutely. "On one condition..."

All eyes were on me.

I looked up at Optimus who was still holding me many feet above the ground. "Can you please put me down?"

************

Anyone interested in seeing pictures of Amy, Alex and Ray? 

(also yes, Optimus did really say that too Bumblebee it made me laugh so hard XD (most of the original Transformer Characters' dialogue from the movie is real/from the movie. Except for where it involves/mentions my original characters)