Chapter 30: Amy

Thunder and lightning began to crash when the children and Mrai were playing games in the village square. I helped Mrai get all the children into their homes with their families. It was no easy task seeing as the lightning made them squeal and the thunder made them run in circles.

Either way, within a good half hour all was settled. I made my way over to where the Stratosphere was sitting in the clearing at the edge of the village. He had been flying on patro around the village to make sure none of the Terrocon's tried to hurt the people.

I sat down beside the Stratosphere. Below explosions could be seen. Smoke billowed up on the battlefield. The portal rose up higher into the sky and I prayed that we would be able to stop it in time before Unicron came through.

"Some battle, huh?" Stratosphere spoke up with a cough.

"Yeah," I hugged my knees to my chest. Lightning flashed and I sighed. "Wish I was down there helping though."

"We all help in our own ways," Stratosphere said wisely. "Though some of us must strive to the sidelines." In a way Stratosphere reminded me of a grandfather-he was always so calm but also wise and he had a sense of humor.

"Yeah, I guess," With a sigh I tossed my head back and lay on the ground. A streak of lightning crossed the sky and I felt the rumble of it hitting the ground.

Suddenly I felt a shiver go through me-an bolt of energy-as though static electricity. I sat right up, rubbing my arms.

"Are you okay Amy?" Stratosphere spoke concerned.

I shrugged, "yeah, but what was that-"

Stratosphere's eyes whidened as he turned to look behind us. "Ahhh, energon."

I followed his gaze and my eyes widened. A blue streak of energy was winding across the ground heading straight for the cave.

"The lightning must have triggered the original energon deposits in the earth," Stratosphere spoke up thoughtfully answering my unspoken question.

"Energon," I thought aloud. "The lifeblood of all Cybeterons."

"Yes," Stratosphere gave me an odd look. "You know so much about us. How is that?"

"Well," I shrugged nervously. "I, uh-"

Suddenly there was a loud yet familiar revving. Whirling around I faced the source of the noise-it was coming straight from the cave.

A familiar yellow car with stripes drove out of the shadows of the cave and my jaw dropped. "Bee, is that you?"

*******************

(watch above video to go with the reading below for full effect)

RAY

It seemed as though the whole world were paused---Noah was dangling helplessly above the ground, a gun being held up to his face.

Scourge took a step towards me.

"Hey!" Mirage shouted, pulling himself up to his feet. "Don't mess with my team!" He began shooting blasts of energy with his gun at Scourge's face as he ran towards the Terracon.

He threw himself at Scourge and the Terrocon fought back-pushing him to the ground but not before Mirage could knock the metal face plate off his head.

The metal mask hit the ground with a clunk.

Scourge was silent. He kicked MIrage sending the autobot flying to hit the ground on his back next to Noah. Then chuckling, he slowly bent down and picked up his face plate. "No one will remember this pathetic planet" he threw it onto the ground. "And nobody will remember you."

He held his gun back up, whirring it into motion as he pointed it at Noah. "Noooo!" I screamed, running towards Noah.

Suddenly there was a flash, Mirage stood over us-the blast pulsing through his body.

Noah hugged me close as another shot from Scourge's gun hit the autobot's back.

"Mirage?" Noah exclaimed. "What are yo undoing?"

"Keeping..." Mirage grunted with another blast hitting him-shielding us from Scourge. "My promise...." he fell down on his knees.

"Come on!" I encouraged, tears rolling down my face.

"Come on!" Noah cried out. 'You gotta get up!"

"It's okay Noah, Ray '' Mirage smiled at us, "Home..." another man blasts hit him. "Home team."

"Home team," Noah said, choking. I sobbed as the autobot was hit once again and slumped over us in a protective shield. "Mirage!" I exclaimed anxiously. But the Autobots' eyes were dark-he was gone..

Scourge laughed-his chuckle sending shivers down my spine as he turned away and back to the mainframe.

Outside explosions could be heard-I saw through the cracks in Mirage the balls of dark energy falling from the opening the portal had created. As they hit the ground-smoke spread and the ground became burned up.

It was happening. Unicron was coming.

"Noah," I looked at the man by my side-his arms were still around me protectively-our faces close together as the deceased Mirage lay on top of us

"Noah," I looked at the man by my side-his arms were still around me protectively-our faces close together as the deceased Mirage lay on top of us. "I...' Blood dripped down my face from a cut on my forehead, mixing with my tears. Airazor was gone-now Mirage...the others-they would surely die too. This was the end-I would not be going back home. I would not get to see my parents again-my family-Katie once she returned from the army.

"Ray," Noah brushed the tears out of my eyes. "I've been wanting to tell you something..."

"Me too," I breathed, my eyes held by his own gaze. My finger brushed the cut running down his cheek. "Noah, I..."

I was cut off when Noah put his hand on my cheek, the other arm behind me my head. He pulled my face gently towards his face. I closed my eyes-leaning in-...the world falling around us...ready for that special moment.

At least now when I died-I was not dying alone but lying by the side of someone I only now realized I loved.