Chapter 31

Third p.o.v.

As Sora, Donald, Goofy and Aqua are walking down a road to get to Ventus. "You sure about this, Aqua?" Goofy ask

"If you want, we can take you back to Master Yen Sid's tower to rest with Riku and the King's?" Sora suggested and Donald and Goofy nodded.

"Thank you. But...Ven's expecting me. I promised to wake him." she explained "Said I'd be right back. But I'm not even close. I'm in for an earful" They all come across what looks like a castle called 'Castle Oblivion'. Aqua then placed her hand over her heart then took a deep breath. Donald then grew impatient and saw about to shout at her but Goofy covered his beak. Aqua then pulls out her keyblade 'Master Defender' and points at the door. Then the whole building transforms into a new building called Land Of Departure.

Once it was done Sora, Donald and Goofy were amazed by Aqua then they all started to head in. The three looked around once they got inside the building. Aqua walked ahead of the three then turned around and asked "Ready?" the three nodded.

As the four started to walk through the hallway to get to Ventus but as they were Aqua started to remember about Terra, Ventus, Makaylyn, and Master Eraqus. They are all good memories that she has, hopefully it will be the way it used to be.

Then they walked towards the main area and saw Ventus sitting down in the chair and asleep. Aqua couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Ventus after a decade, she rushed over to him "Ven" she said, she placed her hand on his cheek. Aqua gave a sad smile and hugged him. "I'm sorry it took so long" Aqua then started to shake him "Ven, wake up. Open your eyes, please!" But there was no sign of Ventus waking up. "Why? Your heart never found its way home?" Aqua wonders.

"That was a neat trick" They heard a voice behind them and turned around and saw Vantias walking towards them. "No wonder no one could find him"

"Vanitas!!" Sora shouted

"Why are you here?" Aqua ask

"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt your touching reunion, but surely you won't begrudge me a moment with my brother?" said Vantias, then Sora, Donald and Goofy pulled out their weapons and charged at him but Vanitas smirked underneath his mask and vanished leaving the group cautious on where he's at.

They all look around until they all turn at Vanitas who is sitting above the chair where Ventus is sitting. "So Venty-Wenty wants to keep sleeping. What am I ever going to do with you?" he said

"Shut up" Aqua shouted and pulled out her keyblade and attacked him but Vanitas blocked it with his own keyblade. "You better settle down there, 'Master'!!"

Vanitas pushes the keyblade and Aqua falls back down getting ready to fight but Sora steps in. "Aqua, I'll handle him!!" but Aqua shook her head no "No. I'm ending this"

"But...you haven't recovered yet" said Sora

Aqua then turned to face the three and said "Sorry, but you've seen me too weak, too often" she then looked at her opponent while creating a barrier between the two. "Now it's my turn to shine" She hears them shout their name but she has to do it for them, Terra, Ventus and Makaylyn.

Aqua got ready to fight Vanitas and he said "Let's see what you've made of 'Master'" then Aqua started to attack Vanitas and so he did. Aqua remembered what he did to Makaylyn, she knew the moment when Makaylyn died right in front of her. It wasn't Ventus who did this, it was Vantias. They must've combined their hearts into one to make the X-Keyblade and kill Makaylyn with it, when she was checking on Ventus.

"You killed Makaylyn didn't you!!" Aqua shouted at him and used a blizzard on him but he encountered it by using fire. "What if I did? Hmm? She is a guardian that can't even defend herself. What is she good for?" Said Vantias and attacked Aqua but she used to reflect on him. "She couldn't even protect her own home world! Her Master! Her friends!!" Vanitas then backed away "So tell me what is she really good for? Why do you think she became a Guardian in the first place?"

Aqua charged at him and attacked him then used a blizzard twice on him. "Something you never learn!!" Aqua then continued to attack him but Vanitas blocked her attack and she shouted. "Being there for her friends, protecting the people she cared about, even sacrificing herself for others, you never even learn these things because you never have the heart to do it!!"

Vanitas backed away and said "So what if I did? What would change?"

"She could've been alive then" said Aqua and attacks him. "And I'll never let Terra and Ven have the same fate as her. As long I'm here you won't get past them"

They both look at each other and Vanitas then looks at Ventus and throws a fireball at him but luckily the barrier stays still but left with some mark on it. Vanitas throws another fireball at him but Aqua immediately jumps into it to protect Ventus. Aqua then got knocked down unconscious. Vanitas laughs a bit then walks towards Aqua then he starts to point his keyblade at Aqua's heart ready to finish her off.

In the back Sora, Donald and Goofy saw what was going to happen and tried to break the barrier. "Aqua!!" Sora shouted then something happened inside his heart...

...

Once Sora was inside his heart he heard a voice.

"I...have to wake up..." a voice spoke.

"Yes. Tell me what to do" Sora asked, but he knew that voice was Ventus. The one they've been looking for.

"The power of waking..." said Ventus

"I can't. I still don't have it yet" Sora explain

"You never lost it...It sleeps...until someone needs it...Call to it..."

"I am calling...with all my heart" said Sora. He knows what to do now. He pulls out his keyblade and starts to unlock his heart and float above to see the glass stain change into Ventus. Sora then points his keyblade at it and frees Ventus' heart.

"Thank you for always keeping me safe. Sora..."

Ventus's heart flies somewhere, where it needs to be...

...

A light started to glow right in front of Aqua and Vanitas, Vanitas was about to finish Aqua until he saw the light in front of him and heard Ventus shout his friend's name. "Aqua!!"

Vanitas quickly blocks Ventus's keyblade and the two clash making the barrier break. Ventus backed away and stood in front of Aqua keeping her safe. Sora, Donald and Goofy started to charge at Vanitas but he did a backflip avoiding them and said "Three guardians is more than I care to face. But now that my brother is awake...I'm just certain that he'll come to visit" with that Vanitas disappeared into darkness.

Sora, Donald and Goofy put their weapons away and saw Ventus helping Aqua up. They all wake up to the two and Sora asks "Aqua, are you alright?"

Aqua gave him a smile "Yes. I'm fine, Sora"

Ventus gasps when he looks at Sora, for a moment he sees Vanitas then sees Sora. "Huh? You're...Sora?"

"Yep. Hey, Ventus" said Sora and put his hand out for him to shake but Ventus stared at it and realized something. "I get it. You were my second chance" Sora gave him a confused look but Ventus smiled and shook Sora's hand. "Call me Ven," he said.

Ventus then felt Aqua hand touching his hair and looked at her. Aqua gave him a warm welcoming smile and said "Good morning, Ven" Ventus smiled back and said "Good morning, Aqua"

As the group left Land Of Departure Aqua explained the situation to Ventus on what was happening right now. "Terra is...an-and Makaylyn...she, I" Ventus said and then sighs. He then looks up at Aqua "Aqua...I didn't–I didn't kill her, I promised!! It wasn't me!!" Aqua then gently gave him a hug to calm him down. "I know, it wasn't you who did this" Aqua then let go of him. "Don't blame yourself because of it. We'll get Terra back. Once we get him back everything will go back to the way it was"

Ventus nodded and whispered "Yeah but it won't be the same without her" Sora heard his voice and felt sad for him.

To Be Continued...