Chapter 49

{ Ariana's POV }

It's been a couple days later and spoiler alert: Y/n and I haven't talked about what happened.

In fact we haven't seen each other since then. That day I stayed with her, I held her in my arms while I knew she wasn't really here.

I had never seen or heard of anything like this. We were done before we even started. It was like we were destined to lose to everything we fought against together.

I held her that day while I listened to her heartbeat. She was calm, so calm but as I looked at her she wasn't there.

Her body was there with me but her mind was somewhere else, so far gone and I knew she knew that I could tell. I could tell that she was disconnected.

After holding her for hours she pulled away and I already missed her presence. Right now I was dying because of her absence.

I don't know where she went in her mind but she was lost, she was gone and now it feels like I was holding onto something that isn't there.

Now here we are, we haven't texted in days so I grabbed my phone and dialed her phone, praying to God that she wasn't on drugs.

"Hey." I spoke, my voice so low I was surprised that she heard it.

"Hey." She said in her usual monotonous tone.

"Come over?" I asked her, hating myself for sounding so desperate when saying two so simple words.

"Okay." She said and hung up.

While I knew that she always spoke so nonchalantly, it felt different today. Or maybe it was just my paranoia.

After two whole hours my doorbell rung and Y/n stood at the door, eyes blood red.

"Hi." I welcomed her in and closed the door behind her.

She took her shoes and her zip up hoodie off. It was odd seeing her wear a hoodie when it was 73 degrees outside.

"Aren't you hot?" I asked and Y/n looked confused at me.

"You were wearing a hoodie." I said.

"Oh uh no." Y/n said and I sighed, she was being weirder than usually today.

We stood awkwardly in the hall of my house, Y/n looked at anything but me while I looked at nothing else but Y/n.

I decided to make the first move and walked closer to Y/n.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Y/n didn't answer, instead she kissed me and we ended up having sex.

We were laying down currently. My head was on her chest but her heart was so quiet. Usually it would beat louder around me. And we used to talk about anything after having sex, now we were laying in silence.

Of course there were times where we laid in silence but this was a different type of silence.

Her arms were around me but her soul was somewhere else, it was gone.

"Where are you baby?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" Y/n hummed in response, not really listening to what I said but I didn't repeat myself.

"I'm gonna go." Y/n said and I nodded my head.

She took a shower in one of the other bathrooms and I took one in my bathroom. We were done around the same time and we walked to my front door. I closed it behind me and stood in front of her.

"We should talk." I suggested and she sighed.

"Okay." She sat down on the steps.

"So." I started after taking a deep breath.