Chapter 55

{ Ariana's POV }

Days turned into weeks, and the tension and distance between Y/n and I only grew.

We were both holding on, but the cracks in our relationship were deepening, pushing us further apart. The sex was even more meaningless than before.

Nothing changed.

I had just taken a shower and now I was sitting fully dressed on Y/n's bed. I couldn't take this any longer.

I love Y/n with every single bit inside of me but I couldn't take it anymore.

I found Y/n sitting in the living room, her eyes distant and lost in thought. I took a deep breath, trying to steady my trembling voice.

"Y/n, we need to talk." I said, my voice laced with sadness.

She looked up, her expression a mixture of surprise and anxiety. It was as if she had sensed the unavoidable.

"We've been holding on, hoping that things would get better, but we're only causing each other more pain," I continued, my voice shaking with emotion. "Your mistakes, the trust that was broken... It's tearing us apart, and I can't keep pretending that everything will magically be okay. You keep making these empty promises and you keep lying to me."

Y/n's eyes welled up with tears, it was a sight that I wasn't expecting.

"Ariana, I don't want to lose you. Can't we find a way to fix this?" Her voice was barely above a whisper.

Tears streamed down my face as I looked into her eyes, the pain of letting go almost unbearable. But deep down, I knew it was the right choice.

"I love you, Y/n. I always will. I always have." I said, meaning it. "But love isn't always enough. Especially in this case. We've reached a point where staying together is only causing more pain than good. I love you so so much, but everytime you hold me, it's like you're not even here."

"Please, baby. I'll change. I promise I'll change. Please don't leave me, baby, please." Y/n begged me.

But I knew it was a lie. And I knew she knew I knew.

"It won't happen, baby. At least not now and you know that." I whispered.

Y/n nodded, a tear falling from her eye.

"I'm sorry, baby. I never wanted it to come to this." I whispered again.

I reached out and took her trembling hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"I'm sorry too, Ariana. I never wanted to hurt you." She replied.

As I looked into her eyes, I wanted to change my mind and just go back into her cold arms, but I knew that I had made the right decision, even though it tore me apart. She needed to find herself, to heal and grow.

With a heavy heart, I released her hand.

"We both deserve to find happiness, baby," I said, my voice was still trembling. "And maybe, in time, we'll find our way back to each other. But for now, we have to say goodbye."

We sat in silence for a while until she spoke up.

"Do I need to take you home?" She asked me and I nodded my head.