Chapter 58

{ Ariana's POV }

It's been a month later and I slept at Y/n's place once again.

Spoiler alert: nothing changed.

And this time I couldn't leave again. I was stuck again.

"Good morning." Y/n said, her voice having no life but to my surprise she was up first today.

"Hey." I said softly.

"You wanna eat here or in the dining room?" She asked me.

"I'll make breakfast in a second, we'll just eat in the dining room." I told her.

"I already made breakfast." She said and I looked at her surprised.

"Really?" I asked and she nodded.

"Thank you, baby." I smiled at her softly.

"Of course." Y/n said rather bluntly.

"Let's eat in the dining room." I said and got up.

After brushing my teeth we went to the dining room and I sat down while she served the food.

We ate in silence and I noticed how she barely touched her food. She never really ate anymore. But she knew that I hated it when she didn't do one of the things she used to love the most, so she ate for me.

That little gesture, and moments like these where she made me food where what gave me hope. And maybe it was a bad thing.

Scratch that. It definitely was a bad thing.

Maybe she was doing it on purpose, to manipulate me into staying. But there was no way I could know that.

"It tasted really good. Thank you, baby." I complimented her and she only nodded.

"Did you take anything today?" I asked carefully but she shook her head.

"Been clean for about 13 hours." She said, her voice trembling while doing so, scared of my judgment.

But I was proud of her. 13 hours were a lot. Usually she'd stay 5 hours clean at top.

She only slept about 4 hours a day, the second she woke up: drugs, before she'd sleep: drugs, the rest of the day: drugs.

Her diat didn't contain anything else except drugs, water sometimes and a few snacks here and there. The only things keeping her alive.

So yes, 13 hours were a lot and I was incredibly proud.

"That's really good, baby. I'm proud of you." I said, my eyes lighting up.

I hated the fact that this made me think that maybe things would change from now on. But deep down I knew they wouldn't.

"Tea?" She asked.

"Yes, please." I smiled.

"Okay." She said before disappearing into the kitchen.

I could've easily said no, but I knew that her being able to do things like these meant a lot to her.

"Thank you, baby." I kissed her cheek when she brought me my tea.