one

Lynna Ceira's POV

I walked leisurely down the streets of my town. I was trying to decide if I regretted walking. I wanted to grow more balance in my life, one of the aspects being walking.

I attempted to get the last bits of dirt out of my nails. I wasn't dirty, it was just one of the many perks of working in horticulture. I worked at a local horticulture destination, called 'Legacy Gardens,' it was my favorite place in the world.

I knew I needed to pick up my pace, that was if I wished to make it on time. On tuesdays, I liked to treat myself to the local rock bar. It was an odd night of the week, but it gave me motivation to go through my week. I enjoyed the up and coming artist, even the rougher ones. I always envied people who got to chase their chance. My instrument abilities never made it out of my room. I regretted never taking it more seriously, wishing I could've taken part in the touring lifestyle.

"Lynn!" A very familiar, feminine voice called out.

"Hey, beautiful." I greeted upon seeing her. The woman in question was my next door neighbor, Frankie. And not neighbor in the 'separate lots' scenario, instead in my apartment complex.

"What are your plans tonight?" She asked, pausing our walks on the sidewalk.

"I was planning on going to Mateo's, you know, that bar." I said, earning a smirk from her. "Not to drink, well, maybe a drink or two."

"Maybe I could join you at some point? I have some plans with my co-worker, but I am going to need a drink after them." She laughed.

"Of course, I'll probably be there around 7, I'll see you then?" I smiled.

"I'll see you then." She smiled. We waved 'bye,' and made our separate ways. I loved how Frankie didn't linger, I didn't mind the company, but sometimes you needed to get going. She became a quick safety when I moved here from my hometown.

I gave my cat a goodbye kiss before leaving my home. I locked the door, and I was off. I opted for driving my car, considering it was dark outside.

I let the music flow through my open windows, preparing my ears. I really hoped their was a decent band tonight, it would make this day feel a bit better.

"What's on your menu tonight, hon?" Benny asked, waiting beside my table.

"Let's see..."

"Don't waste my time, Lynn." He smiled. "Wait, no, please do actually. I'm not looking forward to waiting the group of guys over there."

"Rough night?" I asked.

"Very." He chuckled, letting out a sigh. I was buffering on the food when I heard a familiar band name announced.

"What band did they say?" I asked Benny, attempting to spot the band onstage.

"Uh...that 'gretna' band, or something like that." He said, looking to the stage.

"Greta." I let out, the name finally clicking in my head.

"What, do you fancy them?" He asked curiously.

"Um, no." I stumbled. "I'll take some fries, now run along, Bernard."

He playfully rolled his eyes at me before disappearing. I scooted around my spot to get a view of the boys. I knew it was them. I didn't know their names, or anything about them, except the unique name.

I had only saw them once before, when they happened to come by a few weeks ago. I missed an opportunity I should've taken, I thought I'd never see them again.