thirty two

Lynna's POV

Like what seemed to be a recurring event, I was woken up to something festering with my face. It grew more persistent, growing more irritating.

"Stop." I groaned, trying to move my face.

"Lynnaaa." Sam sang, drawing out my name. The tone in his voice made my eyes open immediately, knowing it didn't mean anything good. I was correct, sadly.

I yanked my face away from the sock dangling in front of my face, and judging by the stiffness of it, it was dirty.

"Sam!" I nearly yelled, fighting back the sock.

"Time to wake up!" He laughed, still trying to shove it in my face. I resorted to giving him a hard slap, making him finally stop. "Why'd you hit me so hard?"

"Why'd you shove a fucking smelly sock in my face?" I asked, feeling like he deserved another slap. "A dirty one at that!"

"It's not dirty!" He smirked, holding it up to show me.

"Sam, it looks like it's about to grow legs and walk away!" I cried, feeling like I might actually cry.

Josh walked in the door, holding two cups of coffee in his hands. "What's going on?"

"Sam's shoving a dirty sock in my face!" I said, Josh looking to him disappointedly.

"I left the room for five minutes." Josh sighed, only making Sam's smile grow larger. "I got you a coffee, Lynna."

"Thank you." I smiled, that making me feel a bit better. Josh's smile grew sweet, glad that I liked the idea.

"You know, Lynna, I'm just getting you used to touring life." Sammy shrugged. "I'm not wrong, am I, Danny?"

"Sadly, he's not." Danny sighed, looking like he already had ptsd.

"I'm going home if that's how I'm going to get woken up." I said.

"You're not going home." Josh said, holding up his hand, as if that made it definite. "Sam, for the sake of all of us, we don't need to haze Lynn."

"I can't just not do something like that." Sam said. "She starts it most of the time."

"I was sleeping!" I laughed. "You make no sense."

"You're gonna be a bitter old woman." Sammy pointed his finger at me, causing me to feel a bit offended.

"Sam, shutup." Josh said, that seeming to end the conversation. I laid in bed for a bit, trying to recover while drinking the coffee. Josh kept poking at me, his way of saying he was eager to go somewhere. He was persistent, trying every little thing he could to get me up. I finally got the hint, leaving the comfort of the covers to get dressed.

"Are you happy now, princess?" I smiled, looking to Josh. He rolled his eyes at the new name, but not letting it stop him.

"Yes, I am." He said, nearly jumping off the bed. I laughed at him, grabbing a jacket off the chair. "Ready?"

"I guess." I shrugged, trying to act like I wasn't thrilled to hang out with him. I slipped the jacket onto my shoulders, Sammy voicing something behind us.

"Hey! That's my jacket!" He said, looking at me like I stole his puppy.

"What?" I asked, making my voice sound incredulous. "This is yours? No, that can't be."

"Lynna, give me my jacket." Sammy said, starting to get off the bed. I ran out the door Josh already had opened. "Lynna!"

"Sorry, can't hear you, speak up!" I laughed, running while Josh followed. Sam tried catching up to us, but we were in the elevator before he could get down the hall.