nineteen

Lynna's POV

I was hating every part of my life right now. I would much rather be with the boys right now. I debated simply walking out, but I needed a job. It was already 8:30, and I was barely halfway done.

"Did you feed him?" I asked as I kicked my shoes off.

"Yeah, he wouldn't stop yelling at me, I figured he was hungry." Frankie shrugged. "There's pizza in the fridge."

"Thank god." I said, starving to death. Frankie was staying at my apartment tonight so that we could tell them goodbye. Josh and Jake were going to stop by before they left. I hated thinking about it. I felt like I was just being dramatic, but I couldn't help it.

"It's so stupid they made you work so late." Frankie said.

"I wanted to leave." I mumbled, trying to not talk with my mouth completely full.

"Then leave." She shrugged. "Go with Josh."

"Not you too." I groaned. "It's bad enough with Josh guilt tripping me."

"He's trying to convince me to convince you." She said. "Seriously, he is like dead set on it."

"Trust me, I know. I feel terrible." I said.

"He's so in love with you, he's not even hiding it anymore." She said, giving me an exhausted look. "I mean, you don't even deny it anymore."

"I want to deny it." I smiled.

"No you don't!" She laughed. "You want him to love you, you want him to make out with you."

"You make me sound desperate." I said, feeling weird hearing it aloud.

"Please, call him." She begged. "Don't let him leave without telling him."

"Frank, I can't drop something like that and then make him leave." I said. "Because, I have the strangest feeling he wouldn't want to leave if I did."

"But, he has to leave either way, why not tell him?" Frankie asked, wanting me to just do it.

"I don't want to do that to him." I said, knowing that wasn't all of it. "And, I can't tell him just to not be able to see him."

"You can go to their gigs, I'll even drive you." Frankie offered.

"You just want to see Sammy." I smiled, earning an eye roll from her. "Have you guys even talked since then?"

"Stop trying to change the subject." She said.

"You stop trying to change the subject!" I laughed. Neither of us wanted to talk about our boys, both of us stubborn about it. We spent the next hour going back and forth before finally settling in to sleep.

There was the most annoying, chirping sound ringing through my ears. I wanted it to end, searching the coffee table for my phone. I finally found it, confused why Josh was calling me. I was also confused on where Frankie was, and why I was asleep on the couch.

"Josh?" I answered, worried something was wrong, it was almost 3 a.m.

"Lynna, I'm, uh, I'm outside your door." He stumbled, making me wonder if I heard him wrong.

"Wait, why — why are you outside my door?" I asked, looking to my closed door.

"I, uh, I just really need to talk to you." He said, sounding like he wasn't even sure why he was here.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming." I said, rising off the couch, fighting to unwrap from the blanket. I hung up the phone before opening the door. He was standing there, looking like he hadn't been up long, or never went to sleep. He didn't say anything, I opened the door to let him in.