twenty three

Lynna's POV

Despite wanting to sleep longer, it was difficult to fall back asleep with the voices in the background. I could hear Josh and Jake talking, listening to them before even attempting to open my eyes.

Josh was gently rubbing his thumb back and forth, his hand resting on my hip. I didn't want to open my eyes, knowing it'd make this moment shorter.

"Hey, you awake?" Josh whispered, moving strands of hair from my face. I smiled, working up to opening my eyes. He continued to play with my hair, patiently waiting for me to look to him. I finally opened my eyes, his eyes meeting mine. There was an adoring look in his eyes, making it hard to look away. I could've looked at him forever, he was so addicting. Everything felt so perfect, I never wanted to be anywhere else ever again.

I did feel bad for making Josh lay there while I slept, knowing I should move off him. I detached myself from him, immediately missing the warmth. I stretched out, slowly sitting up from my position.

"Morning, sunshine." Jake smiled.

"Good morning." I mumbled, too tired to bother with anything else. I looked to the clock, realizing I had slept much longer than intended. "Why didn't you guys wake me up?"

"Josh did want to wake up the sleeping beauty." Jake answered, a teasing tone in his voice. I looked to Josh, he only gave me a sheepish smile in response.

"We haven't even been up very long." Danny said. "I haven't heard anything from Sammy either."

"I forgot about that." I groaned. "Do you think they're going to be normal or be all weird?"

"They'll probably be awkward." Jake said, not questioning it.

"It's their problem." Josh shrugged. "Do you think breakfast is still open?"

"No, it's over at 9:30." Jake said, Josh letting out a disappointed sigh. "Isn't there an ihop like next door?"

"There is." Josh smiled, loving the thought of it. "You guys wanna go?"

"I'm not very hungry." Danny said, Jake nodding in agreement.

"Well, Lynna, would you like to go with me?" Josh asked, attempting his best to sound persuasive.

"I could eat..." I trailed, his face lighting up. He jumped out of the bed, quicker than I was expecting. I crawled out of the bed, nearly passing out due to getting up too quick.

"I don't have shoes." I said, realizing that factor. "Or a bra. They're in my room."

Josh looked down to my chest when I mentioned the 'no bra,' I wanted to say something at the obvious glance, but I felt too flustered to say anything.

"You can wear my birks, they're at the edge of the bed." Jake offered. "For the bra, I don't know, Danny, do you have one?"

"Oh, yeah, of course." Danny nodded, playing along. "It's in my bag along with the panty-hose."

I laughed at the two, going to the edge of the bed to retrieve his sandals. I inspected myself in the mirror, trying to look halfway decent. Josh came behind me, standing there as I fixed my hair.

"What's wrong?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

"Just watching." He shrugged, still looking at me through the mirror.

"I look homeless." I sighed, giving up on the pathetic attempting of looking better kept.

"It's fine, I look homeless everyday." He smiled. "Now, c'mon, I'm hungry."