eighteen

Lynna's POV

I was trying to dress good, but not too much. I felt the pit in my stomach grow more and more as the hours ticked by. It was the thought that this was one of, if not the last time I got to hangout with Josh before they left. I was hoping to have dinner with them tomorrow, something of that kind, but I couldn't. I had to work, even though I tried to get out of it. I felt so guilty about it.

I finally decided on an outfit, cute enough to work. I wanted to look decent to see Josh. I waited around anxiously for him to retrieve me.

Finally, the knock came at the door, me practically running to it.

"Hi." I greeted, happy to see him.

"Hey." He smiled. "You ready to head out?"

"Of course." I said, grabbing my bag from the hanger. I locked my door behind me before following Josh down the hall.

"So, uh, anything interesting happen after I left?" I asked, curious to know if Sam told them about the incident.

"Uh, if you're wondering about the incident between our beloved friends, then yes." Josh laughed, knowing me so well. "I've never seen him so stressed out."

"Same for Frankie." I said. "It was strange to see Sam leaving her apartment."

"He felt just as awkward as you did." Josh said. "Seriously, he's still worrying about it."

"That's so cute." I said. "Well, not like the angst they're going to have, but it's sweet he's worried."

"I think they need to talk again." Josh said as we climbed out of the elevator.

"Definitely." I nodded. "But, you guys are about to leave, so I'm not sure how much it'd help."

"Don't remind me." He sighed, thinking about their departure.

"You're going to hate me." I said, feeling the wash of guilt and nervousness hit me. I shouldn't have felt that bad, but I did.

"Why, what's wrong?" He asked, looking to me worriedly.

"I can't hangout with you guys tomorrow night." I said. "I have to work. There's a stupid drop off happening late, and the new guy can't handle it yet."

"Well, damn, that kind of sucks." He sighed.

"I'm so sorry." I said, making sure he knew I did truly feel bad.

"What for? It's not your fault." He asked, confused on why I was so apologetic.

"I know, I just feel terrible. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn't let me take off." I explained. "We can't get the shipment at a different time, and the guys gonna be so far behind schedule I won't be done organizing until midnight."

"I'm sorry, Lynna." He said. "I know how much you want to be with us."

"I do, I wish I didn't have to." I said. "But, I can still hang out with you guys in the morning."

"Why don't you just stay over tonight?" He asked, looking excited at the thought of it.

"Two nights in a row?" I laughed.

"It wouldn't hurt anything, Jake wouldn't mind." Josh said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, worried about it for some reason. Josh had stayed at my place multiple times, but it felt odd to stay at his.

"Of course." He smiled. I nodded, feeling excited for tonight. I wondered if I'd get to sleep in his bed. It was so comfortable, but maybe I was just used to my beat up mattress.