seven

I woke up to a loud bang outside my room, pulling me out of the deep sleep. I rubbed my eyes, opening them fully in the bright room. I could already feel my head pounding. I looked to my watch, trying to figure out how late I slept.

10:16

I groaned and looked around my room, slowly having a startling realization hit me. This wasn't my room. I looked to the body beside me, confirming my thoughts.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" I whispered, starting to panic, trying to regain my memory of last night. Josh was shirtless, the blanket showed enough of what looked to be boxers, meaning he only had those on. Josh started to stir next to me, making me freak out even worse.

"Josh!" I whisper yelled. "Josh!"

His eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the light as I did. His eyes looked startled for a moment, but quickly relaxed.

"Morning." He mumbled. "What's wrong?"

"Why am I in your bed?" I asked, not skipping a beat. "Why are you in your underwear?"

"I am?" He asked, looking down to his legs, somehow forgetting how he got to that point. "I don't know when that happened."

"Josh." I repeated, desperately needing to know what happened.

"Relax, Lynna." He smiled, digging his face halfway into his pillow. "We didn't do anything."

"Are you sure?" I asked nervously.

"Yes, you were asleep before I even got in here." He mumbled, about to fall back asleep.

"How did I end up in your room before you?" I asked.

"Lynna, love." He said. "Go back to sleep, we can talk later."

I looked at him for a moment, deciding to lay back down. His lips were turned in a small smile, his eyes already shut. He had moved closer to 'my side' while talking, making me more aware of him. His breath was soft, being the only noise in his room. His bed was rather comfy, it didn't take except a moment for me to sink into it. I curled into his sheets, falling back to sleep.

I woke up to movement, lightly moving the bed. I groaned, not wanting to wake up again. I tried to bury my face, only to hear a giggle a few feet away. I raised my head up to see Josh putting a shirt over his head.

"Good morning, again." He smiled. I sighed and knew I needed to get up, I couldn't just use his bed to my hearts content. I looked at my watch, realizing I had slept for almost two more hours.

I rubbed my eyes, attempting to rouse myself up. I sat up, letting my head fall against the headboard.

"Sleep well?" He asked, watching me move around. His eyes were soft, making me feel every emotion in my body. His hair was messy from sleeping, his face still showing signs of tiredness. He looked perfect.

"I actually slept pretty good." I said.

"I'm glad." He laughed. "Danny and Jake cooked breakfast, or I guess lunch. Frankie and Sammy are still passed out."

"So, everyone crashed here last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, that happens a lot." He said.

"And, how'd I end up getting in here?" I asked. "I can't remember, like, anything."

"We all stumbled here at some point, by the time we got in, the couches were all taken." He shrugged. "I took it upon myself to not let you sleep on the floor, like Sammy."

"Well, I appreciate it." I smiled. "I didn't mean to wake you up this morning, I was just worried."

"I can see why you thought that, I don't remember when I lost my pants." He laughed. "I should've left you a note or something."