twenty

Josh's POV

I had the oddest mixture of satisfaction and misery. I was more than glad to know I had Lynna, but I felt miserable without her. Everything inside of me wanted to stay with her, stayed wrapped up in her. I didn't know how I was supposed to not see her, it seemed impossible to last like that.

"Josh, how are you holding up?" Jake asked, sliding into a spot beside me.

"I'm fine." I said, giving a smaller smile. Jake just looked at me, a knowing look.

"You don't look fine." He said. "You barely let go of her, you can't say you're 'fine.'"

"Well, maybe I'm not, but what am I supposed to do about it? I can't go to her." I said, not feeling like the most energetic person. There was a sluggish feeling in my bones, moving felt out of the question. "I wish I could go to her."

"It's not the best situation, I know, but you can still call her, talk to her." Jake offered, trying to help.

"She's asleep right now." I said. "I apologize for acting so 'bleak.' I want to be with her right now. It just doesn't feel right to leave after something like that, you're supposed to be with each other, enjoying the newfound bliss."

"I know what you mean. You two spend so much time together, you should rightfully be together right now." Jake said, agreeing. "But, at least when you see each other again, it'll be so much sweeter. You'll appreciate what you have a lot more."

"No offense, Jake, but I'd rather just have her with me." I smiled. "I see what you're saying, though."

"I'm just glad you told her. I couldn't of imagined how much you would've complain." He teased.

"Now, I'm going to complain about the fact that I told her, and left her, now I feel like my life has a void." I said. "Sounds dramatic, but it is fairly accurate."

"I think that's better than regret." He said. "She's worth feeling that way for, right?"

"Mhm-hm." I hummed. "She's worth every last part of it." I would do it over and over again if it meant I be with her. The moments we had were enough to be worth the insufferable moments. I longed for her, if I would've let her pass by, I would've regretted it forever.

"This will all be worth it. And besides, we're going to see her again. Maybe a couple weeks." Jake said, thinking that would help.

"Weeks? Do you hear how that sounds?" I laughed, trying not to even think about it.

"Oh, you're going to be just fine, Josh." He said, shaking his head. "You guys are going to be fine."

"I know." I smiled, letting out a small sigh. "I'll be fine when I talk to her some more, not in a rush to get everything out like earlier."

"Talk to her all you want, all we have is time." Jake said. "Just, don't do it around Sammy, he might get a bit upset."

"Why?" I laughed, looking to Sammy confused.

"Him and Frankie." Jake said. That was all he really needed to say, I got the message. I nodded, feeling a bit pitiful for Sam, and myself of course.

I couldn't stop thinking about the wasted time. If I would've told her, even a few hours sooner, we could've had so much more time. All I had to go off was the last few hours, which was not much to begin with. I wanted to hold her, kiss her, anything was better than this. I was going to feel miserable until I could see her again.

Lynna, the dearest
I'm finally awake
Are you still on the plane?

I had never felt so relieved to hear my phone go off.