seventeen

Lynna's POV

Almost exactly like last time, I woke up to a noise outside of Josh's room. I let out a sigh, not wanting to open my eyes.

It took me a moment to feel all of my senses, them lagging due to the hangover. I moved a bit, suddenly realizing it wasn't the blanket draped across me. I opened my eyes, carefully looking to Josh's arm laid over me. I was on my back, him more on his belly, his face shoved into his pillow.

I smiled to myself, knowing I never wanted this to end. I took a moment to look at him, his sleeping state. Josh looked so peaceful like this. I wanted to watch him forever. But, I also wanted to sleep a bit longer.

I carefully laid my hand on top of his, making sure to not wake him up. I made sure to savor the moment, knowing it wouldn't last forever. I let myself fall back to sleep, which wasn't very difficult.

"Josh, Lynna." Someone said, pulling me out of my sleep. I opened my eyes, confused to see Jake. He had a knowing smile on his lips as he looked at us. Josh was still dead asleep. At some point, we had moved closer to each other, pressing his head towards the crook of my neck.

"It's time for breakfast." Jake said before heading out of the room. I felt embarrassed that Jake saw that, and could probably tell how I felt. I mean, I kind of knew they knew, but I didn't want them to know necessarily. I'm sure Jake and Frankie gossiped about us.

"Josh." I hummed sleepily, trying to wake him up. I wondered if he was dead, the only signifier he was alive was his breath. I gently shook his arm with my hand, hoping I didn't have to exert anymore effort.

Slowly, his eyes began to flutter open. His eyes met mine, a smile already on his lips.

"Good morning, Lynna." He said softly, his voice still coarse. He was looking at me with such an indulging look, I truly wanted to kiss him. His face was so close to mine, it wouldn't take much effort. I hated when I thought that, knowing I was barely a step away from actually doing it.

"There's food ready, Jake just came in here." I said, not making an attempt to move. He looked towards the door, as if Jake would still be standing there.

"I don't want to get up." He groaned, digging his head into the pillows. I couldn't help but notice that he had yet to move his arm off me.

"We need to." I said. He sighed, unburying his head. He looked at me for a moment before letting out a giggle.

"What?" I asked, very confused.

"Nothing, your hair is just a bit wonky." He said, still amused at how it looked. I attempted to smooth it, but decided not to worry.

"Yours isn't much better." I said, looking over the heap of curls.

"And, I pull it off." He smiled. He pulled his arm away from me to rub his eyes, leaving me a bit sad. I raised halfway off the bed, not wanting to leave his blankets.

"Do I not pull it off?" I asked, playing with him. He looked at me for a moment, debating his answer.

"Well, it doesn't look bad." He shrugged. "And, I've got a question."

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Who's Adam?" He asked, looking just as confused as me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You were talking in your sleep, you told me that 'Adam' was here." He said.

"Oh...I have no idea." I said, trying to recall my dreams. "When did I do that?"

"I'm not sure, it was in the middle of the night." He shrugged, getting off the bed. "It was a bit confusing on my part."

"I apologize." I laughed, getting off as well. "I will try not to wake you next time."