fourteen

Lynna's POV

I was on the phone with Frankie, begging her to reconsider.

"Please, Frank, you know I'm going to go insane if I can't do this." I said. "I've been wanting to do this for so long."

"Lynn, I can't. I have to work like straight for the next week if I want to go visit my sister." She said. "I'm sorry, you know I am."

"I was looking forward to this." I said, pitying myself. "I even have it all set up."

"I'm sorry." She said apologetically. "You know what you could do?"

"What?" I asked, curious to do literally anything at this point.

"Call Josh." She smiled. "No point in it going to waste."

"That's not a terrible idea..." I trailed, seriously debating it.

"They're gonna be leaving soon, you need to get as much time as possible." She said, reminding me of it.

"Ugh, don't say that. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself when they leave." I groaned. "But, you're right, I should call him."

"Okay, great, go do it before you change you mind." She said. "Bye, love you!"

"Love you." I laughed, the phone call ended immediately. I found Josh's contact, praying he wasn't busy.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Josh." I smiled. "Are you busy tonight?"

"Except for pester Jake, absolutely nothing." He said. "Why?"

"Would you like to have a 'girls night' with me? I was going to do it with Frankie, but she has to work for the rest of eternity." I explained. "What do you say?"

"A girls night...sounds rather nice, actually." He said, making me laugh a bit. "When do you want me over?"

"You could come over now if you'd like." I said.

"Looks like I'll see you in about 5 minutes." He said, I could feel his smile through the phone.

"Great. Hey, bring one of your movies, just in case." I said goodbye, more excited than ever. I couldn't wait for it, it seemed fun.

I waited impatiently until there was a knock on the door. I opened it excitedly, allowing Josh to come in.

"So, what all is on the agenda for tonight, Lynna?" He asked, setting down a bag of his things.

"Well, I have skincare, relaxing things, cookies, and nail painting." I said. "You could skip on the nail painting, if you'd like."

"Why would I skip that?" He smiled. "And, that all sounds great."

"What would you like to do first?" I asked, walking over to his spot in the kitchen/dining room.

"Mhm...what about the cookies? We could have snacks while we did everything else." He suggested.

"Good idea." I smiled, heading towards the pantry. "They're gonna be from scratch, but I got premade dough incase it fails miserably."

"It'll be better from scratch." He said. "And, I brought a little treat for us."

I looked to him holding up a jar, edibles inside it. I smiled at him, gladly accepting one from him. Once again, putting myself under an influence around him.