thirteen

Lynna's POV

I was driving to Frankie's job, having to pick her up. Her car was in the garage, she screwed something inside it up. I was finally done with parents, they left the day before yesterday. I hadn't saw Josh since that eventful morning, which was rather sad. I needed to see him soon.

Frankie's job was a ridiculous ways away from my job, just about a 30 minute drive. I hated having to pick her up from work.

"Hey, girl." She greeted basically falling into my car.

"Hey." I smiled. "How was your day?"

"Eh." She shrugged. "Ou, can I get the aux?"

"Sure." I laughed at her excitement.

"I am in dire need of food." She said as she fought with the cord.

"Wanna stop somewhere?" I asked, pulling out of the parking lot.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "I'll think of it, it's my turn to pick."

We talked a bit as her music played, talking about our day. Once we quieted down, I listened to this particular song. I wasn't sure what it was, but I had a feeling I needed to know it. I paid attention to the lyrics.

'...I will not ask you where you came from, I will not ask you, neither should you...

...honey just put your sweet lips on my lips, we should just kiss like real people do...'

I felt a wave go through me when I realized I was thinking of Josh. I didn't even mean to, he just came to my mind when I heard the lyrics. I had an odd rushing feeling, almost like I wanted to cry, but not exactly.

"Lynn, are you okay?" Frankie asked, scaring me to death.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." I stuttered, trying to play it off. "Hey, what's the name of this song?"

"Like Real People Do, by Hozier." She answered, still eyeing me suspiciously.

"Okay." I nodded. "I like this song, a lot."

"Hozier is amazing." She shrugged. "Why do you like this one so much?"

"No reason in particular." I said, trying my best to be casual. She looked at me for a moment before looking back to her phone.

"Oh my god!" She shouted, once again scaring me. "You're thinking about Josh, that's why you like this song!"

"How do you know that?" I asked, amazed.

"Because I looked at the lyrics! God, you want to make out with him so bad!" She laughed, making me feel embarrassed.

"Shutup, please." I groaned, failing to hide my stupid smile.

"I know what I want now." She said, grabbing my phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked alarmed.

"Calling Josh." She said, already hitting call.

"No, no! What are you gonna do?" I said, trying to grab the phone.

"Relax, I'm just going to see if he wants pizza or something." She said, fighting off my hand. "I'm getting you an opportunity to hang out with your boyfriend, I'll even put it on speaker."

"Hey, Lynna." Josh answered, making me smile.

"Hey, Josh, it's Frankie."

"What's wrong with Lynna?" Josh asked, sounding slightly worried.

"Your girl is fine, I promise." Frankie said, making me want to slap her, but I was interested to hear his reaction.

"Oh." He breathed, sounding embarrassed. "Uh, what's up?"